Problem with Lumia 930 People hub keeps on crashing

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Not sure what Microsoft did this time it just started on its own :(

Trying to open my contact list it just opens for a second and shuts down.

Can't use my phone.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, have you tried a soft reset of the phone?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

LastWinPhone

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi, have tried soft reset (held the power button for about 10 sec, to phone vibrated and turned off) didn't help
I've noticed that an update was installed today for Microsoft People (10.2.1163.0) and I assume this is what causing the problem.
Thanks for your help.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
My Microsoft People app is version 10.2.1072.0 and no updates are found when I check.
As you cannot uninstall the app, my next suggestion would be a hard reset.
However do a backup first.

LastWinPhone

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
This is what I was afraid of... MS done some update, didn't test it properly :( I'll try to wait a few days maybe they will create some quick fix for it.
I found a way to get to my contacts without the People app - I just go to the phone app (dialing) and click contacts from there.
Thanks for the help and advice :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
The last update of People App is faulty, so don't panic, an update is on the way. It has been reported to Microsoft already and they acknowledge it. I have the same problem, so, no worries, it will be fixed in the next update. :)

Horvath Gyorgy1

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Same problem on a Lumia 535. However, it is not true that you cannot use your phone: there is a workaround in that you can go to your call history and there select the contact icon (two people, one behind the other) and you are at your contacts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap