Bricked Lumia 640 lte

jasonlindholm

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
Help

I got the "accidental release" for windows insiders on my l640 & it is bricked.

I have tried over and over to restore it with windows device recovery tool, it downloaded the firmware but at approx 25% of the installation, the device reboots and it fails telling me to try again.

I can only access flashing mode, but as stated; wprt fails every time.

PLS help .

jasonlindholm

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
@jasonlindholm

What is WDRT's error ? Can you provide me, plz, the thor2_win_xxxxxxxxxxxxxx_ThreadId-xxxx.log files, located in C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Temp path ?
1496857436146.jpg

Which one? There's about 15 of them. All I know is wmrt refuses to work.

All I can do is provide Google drive upload of all the files

jasonlindholm

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
Thx. But i get this error

Set-location : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument 'thor2' .
At line:1 char :1
+cd "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Care Suite\Windows Device Recovery ...

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: :)) [Set-Location]. Parameter binding acception
+FullyQualifiedErrorId : PositionalParameterNotFound.Microsoft.Powershell.Commands.SetLocationCommand

jasonlindholm

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
PS C:\Users\Jasonl\Desktop\Package> thor2 -mode uefiflash -ffufile "%HomePath%\Desktop\Package\FullFlashupdate.ffu"

This command I must be doing wrong. I get invalid argument , a positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument 'thor2'.

However the wdrt is in that location.

Thanks

jasonlindholm

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
PS C:\Users\Jasonl\Desktop\Package> thor2 -mode uefiflash -ffufile "%HomePath%\Desktop\Package\FullFlashupdate.ffu"

This command I must be doing wrong. I get invalid argument , a positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument 'thor2'.

However the wdrt is in that location.

Thanks
I open PowerShell, & proceed to open the CMD prompt in administration mode in 'Package' folder containing the ffu file ,enter the command for x64 , but it won't work.

anon(10197358)

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
@jasonlindholm

All program files (.ffu file isn't that) of WDRT are in %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Care Suite\Windows Device Recovery Tool path or in %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Care Suite\Windows Device Recovery Tool path, according to the operating system architecture of your computer. Therefore, the command prompt should be executed from one of these two paths before executing any thor2's command.

Last edited:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I open PowerShell, & proceed to open the CMD prompt in administration mode in 'Package' folder containing the ffu file ,enter the command for x64 , but it won't work.
In PowerShell if you are in the directory where thor2 is located type it like this .\thor2.exe

If you run it without the '.\' it's expected to be setup in your environment path already.

Iosbi

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
Hello to me the same happened to me and all I had to do, was to run the WDRT as an administrator. Anything you tell me, and try to sign up for the Insider Release Preview program.

jasonlindholm

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
Hello to me the same happened to me and all I had to do, was to run the WDRT as an administrator. Anything you tell me, and try to sign up for the Insider Release Preview program.
Yes I've tried over & over.
In PowerShell if you are in the directory where thor2 is located type it like this .\thor2.exe

If you run it without the '.\' it's expected to be setup in your environment path already.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
@jasonlindholm
I think I see some of the issue. In your logs it is progressing 1 percent more each time you flash it. All the logs you posted the last one I saw went from 11% flashed to 12%. It could be a driver issue or some other buggy software issue. Either way, keep running what you were running before you posted the logs, or we can try to get DylanCochard's command to work. It is up to you.

jasonlindholm

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
@jasonlindholm
I think I see some of the issue. In your logs it is progressing 1 percent more each time you flash it. All the logs you posted the last one I saw went from 11% flashed to 12%. It could be a driver issue or some other buggy software issue. Either way, keep running what you were running before you posted the logs, or we can try to get DylanCochard's command to work. It is up to you.
Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellietCurry