Airplane mode will not shut off, what to do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

No virus found by McAfee. Diagnosis test show wireless adaptor working. All other devices can hookup to wifi. Airplane mode not allowing connection, but won't shut off.

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi welcome to the forum, I invite you to register to follow this question and any other you could have in the future easily.

I guess it's a Windows 10 PC, can we know which version of Windows and other relevant info as specs of the computer?

Sometimes you will only need to open the side menu of clicking on the notification icon in the bottom right of the screen it should show the Airplane mode, over it right click with the mouse and "Go to settings" on the setting windows activate the Wifi.

If this doesn't work or you already tried it another option is to "Troubleshoot problems" for this you go over the network icon in the notification area (bottom-right of the screen) and right click on it and then select "Troubleshoot problems" sometimes it can solve that particular problem.

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
I am 99% sure your device has a hardware switch to turn wireless networking on/off, and that's what is causing this. Just enable that.

That's true, maybe it's just the Function Key + F7 key or something.

But sometimes the switch is only for the WiFi, so, having that little info it's hard to know.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
No virus found by McAfee. Diagnosis test show wireless adaptor working. All other devices can hookup to wifi. Airplane mode not allowing connection, but won't shut off.

Tried a restart?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

pdjcrawford

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Same issue since the last Insider update applied. Surface 2 Pro. WiFi, Bluetooth not working at all. Only wired internet connection works. Cannot find anything hardware wise to switch on.

Restart didn't fix anything... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linux86