Ease of app removal

Garnerunit

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
Android is famous, or infamous, for the difficulty of removing bloatware. How is the situation with Windows? I don't want to waste space on apps I don't like or use.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's better, but you would likely be better served by choosing an unlocked, unbranded phone. Untouched by both carriers and deals.

See the Google Pixel and other manufacturers with close-to-stock Android like Moto or BlackBerry.

Anyways, third-party apps can all be uninstalled easily. But they will be reinstalled upon a hard reset.

Most core apps cannot be uninstalled. OneNote, etc. are here to stay.

Garnerunit

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
Ease of app removal 2

Hi, and thanks for all the answers, but I still don't know if I should get a Windows phone. Can it be rooted the way an Android 'theoretically" can? It's much harder now that Google has switched from Dalvik to Android run time. With a rooted phone it's possible to kick them to the curb, or at least the SD card.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Threads merged for continuity, duplicate/splitting threads isn't too great here!

1. Simple answer is No. However there is something known as an Interop-unlock that may be of interest to you and is analogous to rooting. It is nowhere near the flexibility of Android but its something.

2. You shouldn't get a Windows Phone if you intend to make it your daily driver. It'll be something fun to play with though but don't drop $200 on one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo