How to transfer data from a Nokia 925 to Nokia 950XL

xdrumline1

Aug 23, 2017
Visit site
I currently have a Nokia Lumia 925, running 8.1

I am looking for a way to transfer all my text messages to a Nokia Lumia 950XL

1) there is no micro sd card slot in the 925
2) Transfer My Data app does NOT work fully on the 8925. It transfers all my contacts, but that is it
3) I called the 1-800 # for the Microsoft store for tech support. They told me to go to the nearest Microsoft Store and they would be able to help me out. I called the nearest store, before I made the drive in. The tech said don't bother coming in because they have no means to transfer texts messages. He acknowledge that MS's own data transfer app does not work fully on all phones, even if you're running the latest 8.1 available.

Sooooooo..................does anyone know how to transfer my texts from the 925, to the 950XL?

Or will I have to move to the 950XL without any of my texts messages?

TIA!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

xdrumline1

Aug 23, 2017
Visit site
Re: How to transfer data from a Nokia 825 to Nokia 950XL

Yes, I am.

The local MS Store rep told me that even though I am running the latest 8.1 on my Nokia 925, all the benefits of: 1) Transfer My Data app created by MS themselves, or 2) One Drive ...........are not fully accessible!!!

He had no personal knowledge of how to transfer text messages from the 925 to the 950 XL.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Re: How to transfer data from a Nokia 825 to Nokia 950XL

Shouldn't have to do anything, should transfer automatically via background sync. Is your sim card in your new phone?

Sent from mTalk

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
If you're using the same Microsoft Account on both devices, the text messages will sync once you set it up.

Update the Messaging app on the 950XL. Open its settings, turn on 'sync messages between devices', and select the time period. Your messages will sync in some time.

I'm assuming that the equivalent feature is also turned on for your 925. If it's not, you will need to turn it on first.

xdrumline1

Aug 23, 2017
Visit site
Yes, using the same account on BOTH phones. Everything has been updated as much as possible on BOTH phone.

As I mentioned before, I used the Transfer My Data app, Microsoft's OWN app for this, and no
, it did not transfer a single text.

Has anyone been successful transferring TEXT messages from a 925 to a 950 XL?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes, using the same account on BOTH phones. Everything has been updated as much as possible on BOTH phone.

As I mentioned before, I used the Transfer My Data app, Microsoft's OWN app for this, and no
, it did not transfer a single text.

Has anyone been successful transferring TEXT messages from a 925 to a 950 XL?

Did you enable backup on your 925 for texts?

xdrumline1

Aug 23, 2017
Visit site
Is this through your personal experience, or in theory? A LOT of "in theory" responses all over the internet, but they do NOT work on all Nokia Lumia phones.

& yes, did it all with NO text messages synced/transferred.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I have used more than a couple of Lumia phones over the years, and I have never had issues with restoring my old messages. I still have some messages that I had imported from my BlackBerry when I first switched to this platform.

Soon, I might have to look for a way to move messages from this platform itself, but that is neither here nor there.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The easiest way to sync text messages between devices is to enable back up sms messages on Wp8.1 and then wait a few hrs or do a manual back up via settings then backup. Then enable sync all text messages on the 950XL, you should have all your text messages.

However if you have group texts and you notice that not all your text messages sync then try the following:

Turn off sms back up on both devices (sync all messages across devices on the 950XL)

remove your group text messages on the Wp8.1 device,
send yourself some random text messages
wait a few hrs and then enable text messages back up then do a manual back up.
Then enable sync all text messages on the 950 XL.

The reason it is this long winded, Microsoft removed the ability to access your conversation history via outlook.com so you cannot remove the offending text messages that are causing the block in the sync.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb