Is the Surface Book 2 good for gaming?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Kind of in love with it. What would be the best configuration for gaming?

FangerZero

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
You really can't say for certain, but it most certainly has the specs for it. You really need to just test it out. I plan on getting one for work and play. The Specs are better than my Gaming Desktop albeit my desktop is getting up there in years (gen 2 i7) it can still handle the high processing games. I can play the Witcher 3 just not on the highest setting, more like the 2nd or 3rd highest setting and it plays smoothly. Been a while since I was able to play much of anything due to my busy life.

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Of course with anything, the best configuration you can get would be best, but honestly the question is whether it is worth the money. You're not paying for raw horsepower here, you're paying for the gorgeous packaging and slim profile.

So I'd check out Can You Run It? and see how your budget looks, because if you compromise on it's flexibility and looks, you can get a lot more for the buck elsewhere.

FangerZero

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
Of course with anything, the best configuration you can get would be best, but honestly the question is whether it is worth the money. You're not paying for raw horsepower here, you're paying for the gorgeous packaging and slim profile.

So I'd check out Can You Run It? and see how your budget looks, because if you compromise on it's flexibility and looks, you can get a lot more for the buck elsewhere.

Very True, You can easily get a decent lightweight gaming laptop for about 2k. :D So if you're just looking for a gaming laptop please look elsewhere for your wallet's sake. Or if you want that two in one form factor I'd watch out for SB performance bases, you can probably pick-up a lightly used, or even refurbished one for a decent price once the SB2 has launched.

J Pirolo

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Honest question:
I have been reading a lot of articles about the new Surface Book 2 and no one yet has commented on the fact that the RAM used is LPDDR3 1866Mhz. Does this not bother anyone, seeing as to other ultrabooks being released are using newer and faster DDR4 2400Mhz? Or is it because the SB2 has a powerful GPU making the kind of RAM used somewhat irrelevant?

Would like to know your guys' thoughts. Thanks.

J Pirolo

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Honest question:
I have been reading a lot of articles about the new Surface Book 2 and no one yet has commented on the fact that the RAM used is LPDDR3 1866Mhz. Does this not bother anyone, seeing as to other ultrabooks being released are using newer and faster DDR4 2400Mhz? Or is it because the SB2 has a powerful GPU making the kind of RAM used somewhat irrelevant?

Would like to know your guys' thoughts. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap