WhatsApp back up.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have used a Nokia Lumia 525 as my daily drive 3 years ago and I switched to Apple after that. While I'm using Lumia 525 I used WhatsApp in it. If changed to WP again, can I get my WhatsApp backup with my new Lumia phone? (I know Android and iOS are allowing that feature)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have used a Nokia Lumia 525 as my daily drive 3 years ago and I switched to Apple after that. While I'm using Lumia 525 I used WhatsApp in it. If changed to WP again, can I get my WhatsApp backup with my new Lumia phone? (I know Android and iOS are allowing that feature)

If you backed up using your phone number or onedrive, then you can still retrieve your messages no matter which device you use providing you use the same number that you used whatsapp on.

So for example, if you used mobile number 12345678910 with whatsapp you need to use 12345678910 with any ios or android or Windows mobile device you switch to from your previous phone.

One thing I would say is that you cannot rely on auto back ups, make sure you back up manually in whatsapp settings before transferring to another device.

Furthermore the same principle applies to the onedrive account you used to back up on your Lumia, you will need to use the same onedrive account on ios and android via whatsapp settings

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariaabsom