OneDrive - default app for .TXT files with WP10?

westernwombat

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 640XL, WIndows Mobile 10 - it seems that text (.TXT)) files that I have stored at OneDrive from my desktops are opened with the Microsoft Word online app and I can't use other text-only editors.
Is that right?
Also, Word reckons I can read, not edit or save.
Can I change that?

westernwombat

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
My work-around: Installed NotepadX app - very good, complete (except I cannot get it to use my wireless printer, which I added as a device in the Windows Phone Settings).
Also use the File Manager, to browse for the text files on the OneDrive. Strangely to my understanding, though I have made a series of files available offline from OneDrive, on locating the .txt file I want and clickit it, it 'downloads' it, leaving a choice of X or tick, after which I can choose the file and open it with NotepadX.

What a weird and circuitous way to perform a simple operation. It is more direct with Microsoft Word, but always requires additional steps to make the file editable.

westernwombat

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
My work-around: Installed NotepadX app - very good, complete (except I cannot get it to use my wireless printer, which I added as a device in the Windows Phone Settings).
Also use the File Manager, to browse for the text files on the OneDrive. Strangely to my understanding, though I have made a series of files available offline from OneDrive, on locating the .txt file I want and clickit it, it 'downloads' it, leaving a choice of X or tick, after which I can choose the file and open it with NotepadX.

What a weird and circuitous way to perform a simple operation. It is more direct with Microsoft Word, but always requires additional steps to make the file editable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokul Dm