Where is my newly created thread?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I created a new thread almost 12 hours ago. It said it needed to be approved by a moderator, but I am concerned my thread crashed or never existed as I have been getting bad gateway error pages for the past couple of days on this site. Is there a way to see if my thread still exists or if I need re-write the whole how-to guide again? I created a thread under Windows 10 Mobile->Windows 10 Mobile how-to guides.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
It is happening on both Chrome and Edge for me, so I can only assume it is a hosting issue on their end...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Is there a moderator available to look into my thread approval pending from over 12 hours ago? It was a quite lengthy guide, and I would need to plan like 30-40 min again to write it up and check it again, if it is missing in action...

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Golly...
I got a bad gateway error twice while trying to move this to "Feedback and Help"

I'll see if I can find your thread Nate.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Found it and approved.

I don't know why it went into moderation unless it was the embedded links that pointed the thread to moderation.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Found it and approved.

I don't know why it went into moderation unless it was the embedded links that pointed the thread to moderation.

Usually when that happens, should I not be able to see it at all? I could not look at it and find it to see for any grammar or spelling errors until now...

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Do the gateway errors have anything to do with my issues I'm having with the Android app?
1. Periodically, over the past couple of days, the different sections of the app show no content. For example, my Participated section currently shows no participated threads.
2. When I first open the app, I'm asked to log in. Close the app, open it again, and all is well.

This has been happening on the Android AC and WC apps for me.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Do the gateway errors have anything to do with my issues I'm having with the Android app?
1. Periodically, over the past couple of days, the different sections of the app show no content. For example, my Participated section currently shows no participated threads.
2. When I first open the app, I'm asked to log in. Close the app, open it again, and all is well.

This has been happening on the Android AC and WC apps for me.

mTalk did that to me the other day where I could not see participated threads in the app. Yet I could see them in Chrome or Edge just fine. Now I see them in the app ok but getting bad gateway pages quite often. I suspect they are performing maintenance or changes on the web servers or maybe for their database(s). Hard to say..could be anything but I suspect it has nothing to do with the client side apps.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
0100ca872e7707f492d67a33d5f0b99d.jpg

d0e6cf8ab862b6a14da83087ec619b3e.jpg

Just got a double shot. 😂
Oh well. Curious behavior.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Usually when that happens, should I not be able to see it at all? I could not look at it and find it to see for any grammar or spelling errors until now...

When your thread or post goes into moderation you can't see it until approved. It goes off into a behind the scenes area that only moderators and above see.

I've never seen a definitive list for what sets the filters off. Multiple links or pics are one thing that draws scrutiny. Even when I was a Moderator and Ambassador Team Lead I'd have things get moderated.

Whomever fiddles under the hood currently should probably build exemptions to being filtered: staff for example or a certain post count of say 1k, things like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoresAdrowe