Windows Lumia 950 XL restarting over and over again.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My Windows Lumia 950 XL starts up, I get the Microsoft Logo and it goes straight to two white cog wheels, restarts and begins this process again. Going on 12 hours now.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, firstly I would try a soft reset (hold volume down button and power button, until phone goes off/vibrates).
Failing that I would try a hard reset following the guide below.
MICROSOFT Lumia 950 XL - How to Hard Reset my phone - HardReset.info

Lastly I would look to try resetting the phone using the Windows Device Recovery Tool.
There is some info on the tool in the link below.
https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-recovery-tool-now-called-windows-device-recovery-tool

Please note a hard reset or using the 'Windows Device Recovery Tool' will wipe all the data on your phone.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

I had exact the same issue!
Resetting Phone was not helpful, it was mostly unusable when the battery drops below 30%!
In the end, I replaced the phone within warranty but still happened, so I changed the battery and it´s now working fine!
As those batteries are "intelligent" they are not very clever.
try to get an original battery for example Amazon.
check how long it takes to load. if it is too long, the battery is old and way laying around too long at Amazon.
Return/ dispute if necessary.

Best Regards
Daniel

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Mine rebooted like 6 times today, it seems like if your multitask it reboots. And it loses about 30% battery life when your phone restarts. Im gonna try to order another battery and see if that fixes the problem, if not back up and start from scratch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faiqarani