ASUS T100 Now or Wait for Windows 10?

thelegendarcy

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've been wondering if it's still worth to buy Windows 8/8.1 tablet-pc especially ASUS T100. As we all knew that Windows 10 will be out next year, my main concern is will I be able to upgrade this ASUS T100 to Windows 10.

Yes I knew that right now we don't have the minimum specs for Windows 10 to run. So that's why I've been wondering if it's still worth to buy or it will be worth to wait for the next generation devices.

Another concern is that if it was still worth to buy now, is ASUS T100 worth the price?

So should I get one now or just wait for Windows 10 models?

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Windows10 is still months away I've got a T100 and its fantastic so much so 4 of my friends also have one now I find it the best value and a close to prefect PC/Tablet hybrid

lparsons21

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
And for what it is worth, the W10 tech preview works on it just fine. That's at least an indicator that upgrading to W10 when it releases is likely to work also.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I've been wondering if it's still worth to buy Windows 8/8.1 tablet-pc especially ASUS T100. As we all knew that Windows 10 will be out next year, my main concern is will I be able to upgrade this ASUS T100 to Windows 10.

Yes I knew that right now we don't have the minimum specs for Windows 10 to run. So that's why I've been wondering if it's still worth to buy or it will be worth to wait for the next generation devices.

Another concern is that if it was still worth to buy now, is ASUS T100 worth the price?

So should I get one now or just wait for Windows 10 models?

It will be able to upgrade.
System requirements have held steady since Windows Vista in 2006. (or, in fact, gone down)
Its a full PC and can definitely upgrade. (heck, you can probably throw Linux on it, well, if there's a distro supporting 32-bit UEFI)
The question becomes will it be free or paid? (we don't know)
I like the T100, but if you wait, there will always be something better, so that depends on you ultimately.

David Fickes

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: ASUS T100 Now or Wait for Windows 10? UPDATE MAY 2015

Okay, so its been over six months since this discussion. Now that the T100 is available for $150 (refurb) is this a better deal. I'm a student who really needs something that will run MS Office (which is free through the university). I currently use a Samsung Tab3 Android but it is not up to the challenge in a number of areas. At home I run a PC/Mac which is great but when I'm on campus, I need a lightweight portable mostly for some writing and reference material.

Windows 8.1 is not ideal but Windows 10 is better. Also, it isn't clear if the T100 has bluetooth for a real mouse.

Suggestions?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Okay, so its been over six months since this discussion. Now that the T100 is available for $150 (refurb) is this a better deal. I'm a student who really needs something that will run MS Office (which is free through the university). I currently use a Samsung Tab3 Android but it is not up to the challenge in a number of areas. At home I run a PC/Mac which is great but when I'm on campus, I need a lightweight portable mostly for some writing and reference material.

Windows 8.1 is not ideal but Windows 10 is better. Also, it isn't clear if the T100 has bluetooth for a real mouse.

Suggestions?

Oh I'm thinking it may actually be a good deal.

It's not going to replace a gaming laptop and its got mediocre hardware and materials, but for the price its not bad.
For a simple tablet and Office machine, I see no reason to really say no. Although you want to check out others just in case.

I believe it has Bluetooth.

Vrmithrax

May 13, 2015
Visit site

Suggestions?

I love my little T100 (I got the version with the 500Gb hard drive in the keyboard dock). It came with basic Office already installed, and it definitely has Bluetooth - I use it for my BT headphones and a BT mouse.

vensters

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I have had a Transformer for over a year now and have found it a delightful device, despite its weight and thickness. I found this post while looking for advice about stepping up to Windows 10

vensters

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I have had a Transformer for over a year now and have found it a delightful device, despite its weight and thickness. I found this post while looking for advice about stepping up to Windows 10. I have Windows, a Bible program and Office on the C:/. That does not leave much space for anything else, so be aware. Very few software packages will allow installation on the removable micro sd card.

Fayzul Omar

May 21, 2017
Visit site
It's half way through 2017 and my Asus T100 rocking Windows 10 beautifully. Not much complaints from me. As a word processor, Web browsing and note taking it works flawlessly. I even did some photoshops and video editing on it :) A very nice value for money device! Five stars from me :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss