Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by jkuhn57 View Post
    Well, Asus sent me a brand new tablet and this one isn't experiencing the same issue. Took about a week and a half round trip, with a weekend and holiday in the middle, so I can't complain too much.
    Can you check the update history on your new Vivotab?
    Go to Control Panel, System, Windows Update, tap on "Installed Updates", then maximize Control Panel ( make it full screen) and check for updates that are newer than October 3, 2012. If there are a lot of these, then your new VivoTab probably has the ones that solved the freezing issue

Global Posts
    2,146 Global Posts
    I see there haven't been any more posts on the VivoTab RT freezing since December, 2012. I take it this is not an issue anymore?
    Lumia 635

Asus Vivotab Smart ME400C

Bought this tablet yesterday & its testing my patience. The device keeps freezing everytime i use it. Atleast 10 time in last 15 hours since i configured it. When i try to run the Asus Live update software, it says 'Your Device is not connected to any network' eventhough my Wifi is active.

I will try to resolve this today & post the updates. If not getting resolved, I will be sending this to Asus customer support......

I had this problem when I first got it. Try uninstalling live update and then download live update from the ASUS support website. The firmware/bios updates fixed it for me. No more freezes since then (it's been 3 months)
    Thanked by:

Hi Arun,

Are you using any Case Cover on your VivoTab ?

br,

rjorge77

IT IS A PIECE OF JUNK... bought mine in January, send back for repair twice due to the same problem. Touch screen freeze and one responding....

Paid 2.5k for a piece junk, regret getting it.
    Send for repair twice since january.
    All query to customer service no answet.

A piece of junk
    I've had my Asus RT tablet for several months now. It worked great until the last couple of months. It's now basically unusable. If I leave it on after about 5 to 10 minutes it locks up. The touch screen doesn't respond correctly and I can't get it to my login screen by swiping up. The screen moves up a little, but it won't open up completely to my login unless I reboot and start over.

I've tried troubleshooting with utilities and installing updates, all to no avail. I haven't even had this thing a year and it's a piece of junk.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Mine is suffering from the same issue. I'm sending mine back to asus and once it is fixed I am selling it straight away! Its a shame since it was a really nice device until the issues with the touchscreen. Luckily I bought mine off of ebay from only 299. If I paid more I would be livid. Never getting an Asus product again!!!

My tablet is frozen at the first screen. I can't even sign into windows with my id. Tried to reset but it didn't work. Freezes again and again.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    I bought two. I set mine up and works great. My wifes first vivotab never worked correctly, just lost functionality and responsiveness. I returned it and got another and both work great. I think it is one of the best tablet experiences in the market now.
    Thanked by:

i just upgraded my asus tab to windows 8.1, my desktop always freezes & the on-screen keyboard doesn't respond properly like when i shift to the numeric pad..aside from that everything else is so slow..help pls..
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12