Vivo tablet freezing!?!

jkuhn57

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, Asus sent me a brand new tablet and this one isn't experiencing the same issue. Took about a week and a half round trip, with a weekend and holiday in the middle, so I can't complain too much.

mayoo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings and perform manual device update. i did it like 6 times when i got the tablet on day one .. lot of updates and firmware updates and then my tab is fine ..

RIchard Snyder

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
My VivoTab's freeezing problem was there from the very beginning. It was so bad that 4 times it prevented me from completing the initial setup & new user registration! I got real good at doing the setup very fast. After that it always froze within 5 minutes every time I ran Task Manager & 3 instances of Resource Monitor. I never connected it to the internet, so it never got any Windows updates. However it was ok for playing videos that I had copied to it.

Two days ago (12/26) I had it connected to the internet and it downloaded and installed lots of updates - and it has been just fine ever since. It can run lots of instances of Resource Monitor all day and never freeze. However now it has problems with Task Manager, but I hope the next round of updates will fix that too

RIchard Snyder

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, Asus sent me a brand new tablet and this one isn't experiencing the same issue. Took about a week and a half round trip, with a weekend and holiday in the middle, so I can't complain too much.
Can you check the update history on your new Vivotab?
Go to Control Panel, System, Windows Update, tap on "Installed Updates", then maximize Control Panel ( make it full screen) and check for updates that are newer than October 3, 2012. If there are a lot of these, then your new VivoTab probably has the ones that solved the freezing issue

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I see there haven't been any more posts on the VivoTab RT freezing since December, 2012. I take it this is not an issue anymore?

arun gk

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Asus Vivotab Smart ME400C

Bought this tablet yesterday & its testing my patience. The device keeps freezing everytime i use it. Atleast 10 time in last 15 hours since i configured it. When i try to run the Asus Live update software, it says 'Your Device is not connected to any network' eventhough my Wifi is active.

I will try to resolve this today & post the updates. If not getting resolved, I will be sending this to Asus customer support......

oobihs

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem when I first got it. Try uninstalling live update and then download live update from the ASUS support website. The firmware/bios updates fixed it for me. No more freezes since then (it's been 3 months)

CHEEWAN

May 16, 2013
Visit site
IT IS A PIECE OF JUNK... bought mine in January, send back for repair twice due to the same problem. Touch screen freeze and one responding....

Randall Eckhardt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Asus RT tablet for several months now. It worked great until the last couple of months. It's now basically unusable. If I leave it on after about 5 to 10 minutes it locks up. The touch screen doesn't respond correctly and I can't get it to my login screen by swiping up. The screen moves up a little, but it won't open up completely to my login unless I reboot and start over.

I've tried troubleshooting with utilities and installing updates, all to no avail. I haven't even had this thing a year and it's a piece of junk.

Jonadam23

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Mine is suffering from the same issue. I'm sending mine back to asus and once it is fixed I am selling it straight away! Its a shame since it was a really nice device until the issues with the touchscreen. Luckily I bought mine off of ebay from only 299. If I paid more I would be livid. Never getting an Asus product again!!!

Emil Tompkins

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
My tablet is frozen at the first screen. I can't even sign into windows with my id. Tried to reset but it didn't work. Freezes again and again.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I bought two. I set mine up and works great. My wifes first vivotab never worked correctly, just lost functionality and responsiveness. I returned it and got another and both work great. I think it is one of the best tablet experiences in the market now.

John de Castro

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
i just upgraded my asus tab to windows 8.1, my desktop always freezes & the on-screen keyboard doesn't respond properly like when i shift to the numeric pad..aside from that everything else is so slow..help pls..

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
That's suprising, or we just have two awesome copies of this tablet. Both my wife's and mine work perfect, no lag, etc. I use mine to edit photos and everything with no issues. We are both on 8.1.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte