Keyboard anyone?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
For anyone who's got their keyboard, install a program from Asus in the store called Gesture Mapping, it enables pinch to zoom and all other Window 8 gestures like swiping from the edges for the charms, app switching and the app bar when using the touchpad. And you can toggle them off if you don't want them. Good support from Asus.

Edit: update on this, it seems once you reboot or the pc sleeps the gestures don't work anymore and you have to run the software again. So not as good as I thought, hopefully they can address it in an update or better still add it in a firmware update.

Last edited:

vtan

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I wonder why you've gotten yours when people, like myself, who purchased the tablet and submitted the application on the 26th haven't. I hope mine comes Monday or Tuesday.
I wonder if it's a country/regional thing? I received my keyboard from Mississauga,Ontario. How about you budney76?
Vince

colinm44

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Finally got registered for the keyboard. The ASUS web site has got to be one of the most painful experiences with a web site ever!

delco24

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Still can't register for the dock - no matter how many times I refresh the page, Asus's website refuses to populate the serial number field.

Asus's website looks and acts like its from 1990.

stormn66

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I received my keyboard on Friday Nov. 16th. The last day I had given ASUS before
returning the TAB. I played with tablet over the weekend...Win8 RT is an elegant
and easy to learn system, I am more than pleased with the machine. I caught my wife using
the TAB this morning, she is a Luddite and proclaimed the TAB, "Good". Cheers

ps. No notifiction of shipping or change of status on Asus's ******ed website was forthcoming
prior to the arrival of the keyboard.

colinm44

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Toronto and I applied on the 19th November for the keyboard, status said "your application has been received", today (20th November) my status says "Your application is currently being processed". :p

colinm44

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
And for those struggling with the applying for the keyboard, make sure you have selected the correct category and model as the serial # will work for different models.

When you register your device make sure category is Eee Pad and the model is ASUS VivoTab RT if not, you will never see the application for keyboard and you will have to have support change it. I speak from experience

delco24

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So I called Asus - apparently if you bought your Vivo Tab RT at Best Buy, you won't be able to redeem the dock offer from Asus. You have to go back to Best Buy and get them to give you the dock since the retailer is responsible for the dock promotion. Ugh, not looking forward to that conversation with a Best Buy rep, especially when the Asus rep said I might need to get the district manager involved if the local store isn't willing to do it.

EDIT: Just an update - I went down to my local Best Buy last night. The lead for the PC/tablet area knew about the promotion and, since they didn't have the dock in-stock, held it at another store a few miles away. Pretty painless but took a while for them to make it work. The customer service rep up front had to work some creative magic to get the promotion after the fact (she ended up "returning" the tablet to a gift card and then "bought" it again as the tablet/dock combo promotion).

Last edited:

wpeace

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
This whole process is bogus, so "buyer beware" and Asus support has been less than helpful. I purchased by Vivo Tab through Amazon and the order was fulfilled by one of Amazons resellers. Well, it seems that Asus will only honor devices from certain resellers and if they consider the device was a resell they won't ship *or* at least that's what I'm told.

But wait, the story keeps changing. First I was told that was true, but IF the system took the order the keyboard would ship BUT you had to wait 2 weeks for the order to process. 2 weeks has gone by and now I'm told it will be 5 weeks and then "we're not going to ship because you bought it from somewhere else."

The support person got nasty and refused to even send me to his supervisor. We went round and round with him telling me to send it back and go to a store that had the device (and of course spend $100 more.) After I finally got him to send me to his supervisor I was told someone would call me in 48 hrs or call back.

This is the worse customer service I've ever had. AND now I appear to be without the keyboard at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon