Keyboard anyone?

vtan

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if any of you who have the Vivo Tab RT and have registered for the free keyboard have actually received it yet? I check daily on the ASUS site and the status hasn't yet changed from "submitted" ... although I don't know if it will ever change. I'm accustomed to ordering from Dell who updates you on the progress so was hoping that would be the case with ASUS as well.
Vince

dpgx

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Not promising news I received from the support team last night. He told me its typically 6 - 10 weeks for something like this which isn't really acceptable in my opinion. I submitted my application the day the promo was launched and it as well is sitting at "application submitted" a week and a half later. I really wish I went the route of getting the Surface instead at this point :(

dpgx

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't be so bad if they didnt make me carve the box up, I'd probably just return it and order a Surface. The application required clipping the serial number from the box though...

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
The wait seems logical to me as Asus needed to make sure that buyers of the tablet did not return it or sell it. I still need to register my tablet. Hopefully I get the keyboard, but no biggie if I don't. :)

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
How are you checking your order status? I submitted my application for the keyboard on the 26th, never got a confirmation email, and now the link to track your order isn't showing up in my ASUS product registration page.

docangle1

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
When I purchased the Vivo RT at Best Buy, they had the Mobile Dock as well, when they scanned both SKU's it bundled them for $599.

SvanteH

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't even have the option 3..

"After registering the VivoTab™ RT, please click on Mobile Dock Apply & Inquire on the left side menu."

There is no Mobile Dock Apply & Inquire link. I purchased the TF600T model in Sweden, shouldn't the offer be international?

Could someone give me the link (once you are logged in) for it and I'll see if any error code pops up trying to access it? Thanks in advance.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't even have the option 3..

"After registering the VivoTab? RT, please click on Mobile Dock Apply & Inquire on the left side menu."

There is no Mobile Dock Apply & Inquire link. I purchased the TF600T model in Sweden, shouldn't the offer be international?

Could someone give me the link (once you are logged in) for it and I'll see if any error code pops up trying to access it? Thanks in advance.

I checked last night and, for me, the link was back. I'm at work right now and our Microsoft Forefront Threat Management blocks the ASUS VIP site, but when I get home I'll see if the link is still there and if it is I'll PM it to you

dpgx

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't be so bad if they didnt make me carve the box up, I'd probably just return it and order a Surface. The application required clipping the serial number from the box though...

Just an update, I still have no status updates under 'application submitted' and can't seem to get any definitive responses. I submitted an article to the consumerist this morning because I'm a little frustrated that new units shipping to stores have keyboards bundled. It's certainly not a shortage of keyboards causing the delays on shipping them to those of us who didnt receive them with our tablets. As for being able to return the tablet to the store once purchased, Asus made us cut the packaging up and remove the serial number from it, I'm unaware of any retailer that would accept a return once this has been done to the packaging.

I wish I would've bought a Surface instead at this point, extremely unhappy with the support I've gotten so far...

stormn66

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Disappointed

The Asus booth was right beside the MSFT pop up in Toronto.
The Surface was sold out in the 32 gig model so I went with
the Asus with the promise of a free docking station which would
be shipped to me within 5 business days of submitting an application.

The Asus website is like stepping back into 1996. Without a doubt, the slowest
most dysfunctional website from an OEM I have witnessed. If by Friday, the docking station doesn't appear, I will be returning the Asus to MSFT Saturday morning.

delco24

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't even order my keyboard dock. After registering my tablet, I get the order link, but the serial number drop down is blank. Anyone else have this problem?

stormn66

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. Hitting refresh 30-40 times did the trick.

You know, looking back, %$#* Asus, I am taking their Tab back regardless.

Now I don't want to give them my money. I'll pay the 10% restocking fee and

chalk it up to experience.

vtan

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Well, for me it just showed up out of the blue ... today in fact, when I got home from work. I hadn't received any email notifications and when I go to the Asus Canada website and log into the members area it still shows my keyboard request as "submitted". Go figure. And I don't even have the Vivo RT any more but am considering going back to FS and buying it again ...
Vince

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
For the last week I get a server is busy message when trying to login to the Asus VIP site. Before that no info changed from when I filled the form out. :-/
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
For the last week I get a server is busy message when trying to login to the Asus VIP site. Before that no info changed from when I filled the form out. :-/
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

When did you buy your tab and when did you submit the application?

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I wonder why you've gotten yours when people, like myself, who purchased the tablet and submitted the application on the 26th haven't. I hope mine comes Monday or Tuesday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo