Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    2,998 Global Posts
    I posted this in the Surface forum because it has been confirmed for that device, not sure if this would work with the Vivo RT using its USB dongle or the dock's USB port, but if it does this could be a way to get the 4GB used by the recovery partition back.

Andy Rathbone's Books » Making a Recovery Drive for the Microsoft Surface RT
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,561 Global Posts
    Not sure how I feel about this, I like the idea of increased storage, but not the idea of deleting my recovery partition, that has come back to haunt me on past machines. I may make multiple recovery USB's, then delete the partition.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I dont know if this make difference but i do Disk Cleanup and it used to clean like 3GB Dump data .. but when i go back to C drive i dont see that added :(

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mayoo View Post
    I dont know if this make difference but i do Disk Cleanup and it used to clean like 3GB Dump data .. but when i go back to C drive i dont see that added :(
    Found the fix from xda forums .. disabled error logging and error reporting as below ..

Generally logging can cause some sluggishness at times because log files are constantly accessed and written to. You can turn these off if you wish. Search for gpedit.msc and launch it. Navigate to User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, and then select Windows Error Reporting in the left column of the Group Policy editor. Double-click Disable Logging in the Settings section of the Group Policy editor. Select Enable and then click OK to save the changes. Do the same for Disable Windows Error Reporting.