New vivo tab user, a few issues

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I just got my vivo tab rt delivered yesterday from Amazon. It's amazing! But, I'm having a few problems and wondered if someone could help me.

1. A few apps (Skydrive and Bing) won't launch. They'll go to the loading screen and then back to the start menu. If I uninstall them and reinstall them they'll work, but only until I restart my tablet.

2. If I undock it from the keyboard, then redock it the keyboard mouse won't work. I have to push Fn+F7 or whatever it is to disable and then re-enable it to get it working again.

As soon as I turned it on I went through Windows update about three times to get all the RT, Office, etc. updates and all my apps are up to date.

BUT, I did not get any updates that said "Asus" or "firmware" or anything like that in the title, just "Update for Windows RT," etc.

Did any of you guys get actual firmware or driver updates? Did my tablet already come with them installed? Is there a way to check firmware versions, etc.?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Roman

Jeffrey Seymore

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure about the RT version, but with Vivotab Smart we have a second app called "Asus LiveUpdate" that updates the firmware and asus software. (BIOS, etc)

asus_usa

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
The Vivotab RT will not have the Live Update utility that that Smart and regular VivoTab have. Windows updates take place from within Windows, and any Asus firmware updates will happen when you turn on the device before the o/s starts up. If you power on the device by holding the POWER button and the VOLUME down button, the version will flash very very fast on the display before the o/s boots up.

If your camera flash works, you have the latest update from us. I would try a refresh on the device from within the PC Settings to see if you can sort out those other issues.

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I just got a replacement from amazon (in 24 hours, no less - amazing service) and there was indeed a problem with the firmware on my first tablet. When I started the new one, it found two hardware updates (I think one was for the keyboard) and flashed a new firmware upon reboot. The camera flash and the problematic apps all work fine now.

In device manager on my old one, under "Firmware" it just had a generic Microsoft driver from 2006 or something. Now it clearly says "ASUS Firmware" or something like that in the submenu and the driver is from November.

Great tablet, and I'm glad the one problem I had is now solved.

Kirstan Pepler

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
A similar issue, with the smart me400 I can only take one picture with the Asus camera app, after you take a picture the shutter button goes grey and remains so, meaning you have t close the app and restart it to take a shot, the standard win8 camera works fine though?:

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I just got a replacement from amazon (in 24 hours, no less - amazing service) and there was indeed a problem with the firmware on my first tablet. When I started the new one, it found two hardware updates (I think one was for the keyboard) and flashed a new firmware upon reboot. The camera flash and the problematic apps all work fine now.

In device manager on my old one, under "Firmware" it just had a generic Microsoft driver from 2006 or something. Now it clearly says "ASUS Firmware" or something like that in the submenu and the driver is from November.

Great tablet, and I'm glad the one problem I had is now solved.

I'm glad you went with the best RT tablet out there.. Surface is great and bad-ass, but the Vivo RT is classy and thin and slick, not to mention a LOT cheaper than the Surface.:p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb