Why isn't my Asus VivoTab Note 8 booting?

Wolfers

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Asus VivoTab Note 8 not booting...

Hi everyone,

I hope I'm not duplicating a thread here but I could not find any information on a similar issue.

My VivoTab Note 8 had started misbehaving over the weekend. Whilst browsing in Chrome my tablet froze and weird artifacts were displayed across the screen. I tried pressing a few buttons and couldn't get any response from it, so I held down the power button and forced a shutdown. It's worth noting at this point that the battery was low and I got a 6% or less remaining warning a short while before it froze up. I connected it to the charger and left it for the afternoon. When I tried turning it on later, the light on the power key would flash (as per normal) but afterwards nothing happens. The screen doesn't come on, the camera LED doesn't light up.

I did some research and this doesn't seem to exactly match the symptoms of the sleep-of-death issue I read about. It was also suggested I may have run down the battery too low and it can't properly charge, and that i should connect it to a trickle charge (like a laptop USB port) for a few hours. I tried that with no success. The LED in the power button is white whenever i connect it to a power source, which seems to indicate the battery is full but there is still no response.

I don't mind too much sending my tablet in for repairs (I bought it July 2014 so it is within warrantee) but my main concern is that I have important data that is on the internal flash memory that i don't want to lose.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance for the help =)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)