NFC. What's the deal yo?

Jeffrey Seymore

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
So I have my new Smart and am playing around with the NFC and my wife's Galaxy S3... And when they touch i get the little "Touch to send message on her phone, and the tablet makes a fancy sound, and then the phone says to pull away and it then "Prepares" to send the file. Nothing comes up on the tablet and eventually the phone says "Failed to send" Whats up? Seems like the NFC is useless.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Sending via NFC works with my Vivo Tab and Lumia 920. Make sure BT is turned on for both devices, WP will prompt you to do so when sending a file, not sure in andy device do the same.

Zokudu

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Does the tablet have Bluetooth enabled? Are the both hooked up to WiFi? NFC just automates the connection of other protocols and doesn't send the file itself.

Jeffrey Seymore

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes I had both Bluetooth and Wifi on for both devices. The S3 would say prepping file but then nothing shows up on the tablet. I assume I would need to do something on the tablet correct?

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
And don't expect the process to look like it does on that Samsung Galaxy commercial. There will be no instant transmission of pics and video lol.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Yes I had both Bluetooth and Wifi on for both devices. The S3 would say prepping file but then nothing shows up on the tablet. I assume I would need to do something on the tablet correct?

As long as BT and NFC are enabled on the tablet you shouldnt have to do anything else. There was an article on umpcportal that mentioned the same issue with a Samsung Ativ and an s3 so my take is this wont work with this device.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Maybe it works because of the similar kernels in WP and W8. I guess the only way to check where the problem is is to test with another device. Maybe a Symbian Nokia or other android device with NFC in case Samsung added some proprietary stuff for their devices.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05