boot loop after bios update

philhealey

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I bought this tablet earlier this week and soon ran the LiveUpdate program from desktop to update bios. After this the tablet went to boot loop. I could get to the basic msdos type setup menu but the boot loop returned on exit after connecting keyboard:shocked:. I took the tablet back to shop after contacting ASUS and got a new one. I am hesitant to again update BIOS. Is there any benefit from updating it?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If the PC works properly, I would not update the BIOS, especially if a previous update caused a problem.

From Microsoft:
Updating BIOS should only be done if necessary (to solve a compatibility problem, for example). It can be a complicated process, and if an error occurs, your computer could be rendered inoperable. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions exactly.
BIOS: frequently asked questions

Asus_Fred

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I bought this tablet earlier this week and soon ran the LiveUpdate program from desktop to update bios. After this the tablet went to boot loop. I could get to the basic msdos type setup menu but the boot loop returned on exit after connecting keyboard:shocked:. I took the tablet back to shop after contacting ASUS and got a new one. I am hesitant to again update BIOS. Is there any benefit from updating it?

Normally BIOS updates will address some issues or little tweaks. If you are not experiencing any issues with the unit then there is really no need to update the BIOS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro