Windows 8.1 RTM experience on Vivotab Smart

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello

Lets talk about Win8.1 RTM here.

I have upgraded yesterday, but first attempt was unsuccessful. Stuck on 81% and I was forced to restart tablet. After that any attempt to install 8.1 failed, so I decided to restore tablet by reseting it. After reset 8.1 installed without any problem.
Downloaded and updated new drives v4.0.

Now the problems:

1. Heating. After 10 minutes back side near NFC became to hot and as a result, unresponsive touch screen :( Especially in bottom right cornet. If tap there, you can see that your click stuck. For testing you use Multi Touch test application (its free).

2. Pressing power button or Windows key, turns on tables but with 3-5 seconds delay :(

3. Display drivers crashes when you unlock tablet.

4. As a result of 3. background on Start menu resets to simple color event though I set to use same wallpaper as desktop.

I understand that this is ASUS issues, not Win8.1 because I have Win8.1 Pro installed on my home computer and everything works excellent.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
It seems that new display driver is a main cause of all problems with Win8.1 on our VivoTab :(
And I think this is the last time I bought something from ASUS. This company is going to worse and worse

fightinggamerz

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I've updated to 8.1 and the only issue right now is the video driver. The driver version is 9.14.3.1168, but i'm unsuccessful in downgrading to 9.14.3.1117 which is listed in the ME400CL_2.00 driver update notes. Windows just auto updates to the latest driver version even if you use the driver package. If anyone hasn't updated to 8.1, please tell me the Intel GMA driver version. Hopefully, Asus gives us some updated driver or I'm going to have to revert back to factory.

Youtube videos don't run smoothly anymore.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
First disable automatic installs of updates
Second install derives

Now I can say that old drivers work well. But the problem with heating still remains and as a result, unresponsive touch screen. Especially in right bottom corner of screen. ��

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb