win8.1 failed to install

jimjoh

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I downloaded the win8.1 on my Vivo smart and it failed to install I guess because on the small system partition that was placed on the harddrive by win8. I have no clue what to next. Any suggestions will be appreciated. jimjoh

TripsG

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have an HP that I can't get the install to work on either. 3 tries and I think it's time to give up. Worked on my Surface Pro like a champ other than it taking all night to download the update for some reason.

sr5dnptylno

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Did you run the liveupdate first?
ASUS released a new BIOS/Software ver. 4.03 on OCT 3rd and Software ME400C ver. 4.0 on OCT 17th.
These are apparantly required before upgrading to Win 8.1.

The upgrade installed smoothly on mine and the performance is significantly improved.
However, there is a problem..... after pressing the power button when in standby, the screen remains black and needs 1-2 presses then an error msg that the the display driver crashed/stopped responding. It recovers fine and does not appear to have any other negative effect.

Anybody else experiencing this or similar?

pahealey

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I have successfully installed Win 8.1 but haven't done the Bios update as this caused a boot loop when I did it on my first vivotab. I was running the RTM version first so before I updated, I did a full system recovery to Windows 8 and installed all updates including the Live Update ME400C update before downloading Win8.1 from Store. No problems. Then removed old version of Win8 with Disk Cleanup to recoup some disk space. Win 8.1 is great.

halcyonboy

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I had this same problem. Seem the latest version ... .1168 crashes. I rolled the driver back to the previous version and graphics working perfectly again. delay when switching on and off also resolved as I think its related. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb