Seems the BBM beta app drains alot from our batteries

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
The first day I installed the latest 8.1 update before the release of BBM beta, battery life was just normal, drains normally as it always did on 8.1, but after I installed BBM, men the battery drains like hell at one point my battery app reported battery discharging quickly 40% in 19mins, has anyone noticed this?

qudahamohammad

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
4Zw6a6S.png

wtf!!

SirMatt

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Yep, massive drain on my L920. Went from 88% at install time, to 14% in under 3 hours of occasional chatting on BBM. Glad it's still Beta. Definitely looking forward to improvements in power savings.

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Yes, excatly. It syncs every now and then. This is the only lag over huge batteries of BlackBerry. If you use a BlackBerry without BBM, it lasts long. I have removed BBM from Z30 and checked it. Whenever you open BBM, it has to load the contact updates(feeds), BBM groups, pictures of each and every contact needs to be synced and also if channels work and that will be pretty huge lag too. Hence a 2GB Ram is necessary to run BBM smoothly on any device and good cellular or WiFi network.

It constantly syncs with the servers, drains my BlackBerry Q10 battery too.
I'm thinking of removing it from my 930.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077