Opinions of Bell?

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
So, I'm currently with Telus and have no complaints. But, as I have my home phone, TV, and internet will Bell Aliant in NB, I'm considering moving to them for my mobile when the 830 is released.

That said, for those with experience, what are your thoughts on Bell? Any major complaints or simply just another carrier with the same issues as all of them?

Thanks. :)

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Pretty much like blue1k said, Bell Rogers and Telus all charge pretty much the same thing for the same plans. The only advantage Bell has is the coverage area is a lot bigger than the other two.

Their customer service improved dramatically since the last time I was with them (2011, but this was in French so I don't know if they improved on the English side.) however to the Bell technicians it's a living hell since they outsource their help when it comes to activations... They installed their fiber connection in my home but his card (sort of like a SIM card) wouldn't work. What would normally be a 3 minute conversation lasted 30 minutes with an "Indian" because he couldn't help at all. So instead of taking 2 hours to install (He had to do the wiring and initialization) took 4 hours because of his conversation+lunch break + try again+ modem defected for some reason. I had fun with the guy though, I taught him the difference between 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz and what Wireless-AC (btw I was lucky since they JUST got their new AC modem/routers when I signed up) is compare to Wireless-N so at least if he has customers asking what's the big deal is he'll know.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been with Bell since my HTC HD7 with WP 7.0. I find the customer service to be excellent, and they recently updated their account management app for 8.1. I have the benefit of living in Saskatchewan, which means the big three have to be competitive with Sasktel, which is government-owned and operated. The plan I'm currently on is no longer available. I pay $75/month for unlimited nationwide voice, MMS & SMS; voicemail lite & caller id; and 10gb of shareable data. Their LTE coverage is pretty good here, especially considering the fact we are mostly a rural market, and their HSPA is decently fast... (42 down/7 up theoretical peak) Plus they offer their mobile TV service in bundles of hours. The Windows Phone app needs an update, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)