Poor Picture Quality in Bing Image Search

ebk14

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is because of my GDR2 update or due to the recent changes to bing search on the windows phone (both happened around the same time for me), but I started noticing on my Verizon HTC 8X that the images that come up on the image search are no longer the beautiful HD images that I was used to, but are now very low quality images. I've tried it with many different searches, even after clicking boxes on the Bing search home screen that bring me to image searches. Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I did a search for Tiger on my phone and none of the pictures were good quality. I think it has to do with the new search backend because I don't have GDR2.

F60Outrunn

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
i noticed it - it was after MS revamped the Bing search (engine?), the first 8 images appear crystal clear as they should, but when you select 'more images' they become blurry UNTIL you zoom in, then they become good quality, but obviously you cant see the whole image, a strange problem - btw i am GDR1 Nokia Lumia 920 so not a GDR2 issue

helicopter_Joe

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I've also noticed this on my 8x, I found if I do a slight zoom the image quality returned to normal. It must just be a rendering issue on their end after the update.

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have this too. I don't it's a "problem" but a decision on MS side. A terrible decision.
Only until you zoom in, will it load the full res. when you click, you'll just get a low res blurry image...
Terrible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077