MSN / Bing

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Just because this forum is stuck down the bottom of the WP forum list doesn't mean it should be forgotten :wink:

And in some ways it should be an important forum as having a single portal into MS services becomes far more important with the "Three screens and a cloud" philosophy that is the new direction of Microsoft.

So what do you all think of the new MSN portal and the renaming of Bing apps to MSN, personally I like it especially as the sections mirror the apps, although there are still some teething issues.

I posted up a thread in central discussion regarding a new section called MSN as to be honest I thought Bing was more to do with the search technology rather than the Bing (Now MSN) apps, what say you lot?

I do have some general questions about MSN but will leave them for separate posts, just wanted to get some MSN discussion going as it could with a bit more effort (By MS and the MSN team) become a really useful web page.

So in the spirit of most of the WP central journalists:

What do you lot think ?

Bob

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
No difference in the apps changing to MSN, I use some of these most days (Win 8 & Win Phone)

MSN Web Portal I have given up on, mainly due to MS inability to get times correct, they seem to think that the UK uses GMT time zone all the time and seeing times mentioned as GMT when we are not on that time zone is annoying

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I hadn't noticed the time, will have a look.

I have been trying to ween myself off of the BBC website as a default page, I had troubles last weekend as it took me ages to find the football tables, but I am slowly coming round although there are still plenty of issues.

1 Still not seeing slideshows apart from the one I don't want to see which is the headline one.

2 Not having the ability to filter the headline section to reflect my tastes, I really have no interest in cars or "Stars" (Celebrities) and don't have those sections on my page but they still show up in the headlines.

3 They seem to have been a bit up and down, most of the time it works properly, but for some hours at a time it doesn't log in and you don't get the app previews.

4 For some unknown reason and only on my 1520 I can't get rid of the "This site uses cookies" blue bar, no problems on any other device including my wife's 520.

So they do have a bit more work to do, but I do at least get where they are going with the similar layout and items as the MSN apps, I will give it more time.

Bob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb