Bing Rewards popped up in Canada

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
EDIT (2018/02/05): Microsoft/Bing Rewards have been officially available to Canadians since 2017. This is an old topic of how I was able to get into its portal 2 years earlier, although I was still unable to make use of any points I could accumulate.

I am in Canada, and something weird happened today. When I accessed the bing.com webpage I noticed a new badge on the top right corner of the page with the number 22 beside it, and when I clicked on it I found myself on the Bing Rewards web page. I was surprised and delighted, and thought that Microsoft has finally started making Bing Rewards available outside the US.

I checked Windows Central to see if there are any news related to this but found none, so I spent some time trying to explore the Bing Rewards portal, and I even completed the Welcome to Rewards tour to unlock one of the requirements towards the silver status.

Shortly after, I was no longer able to access Bing Rewards, with the usual message showing up: “Bing Rewards isn't available yet in your country or region.”

Any idea what could have happened here? This really feels very strange.

Update: I was able to get back to the Bing Rewards again. I captured some screenshots before it disappears

Attachments

• BingRewards.PNG
    BingRewards.PNG
    28.5 KB · Views: 5
  • BingRewards2.PNG
    BingRewards2.PNG
    134.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Bing Rewards briefly popped up in Canada for few minutes

Were you using it on your smartphone? Were you roaming on a US tower?

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Bing Rewards briefly popped up in Canada for few minutes

No, this was on my main PC, same ISP (Rogers) and nothing changed in my connection settings.

Edit: When I opened another browser window and tried to access the same Bing Rewards pages, I get the "not available" error back, and then I am no longer able to browse Bing Rewards even on the original browser window.

This might be a bug, and I can't yet figure how to replicate it.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's interesting! Hopefully more members in Canada will try it and see what happens.

It would be really nice if Canada got Bing Rewards. :smile:

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Update: I am able to trigger Bing Rewards to show up if I access Windows Central forums first then open this link in a new tab within the same window: https://www.bing.com/rewards/unsupportedmarket , I see the badge and my points (first screenshot in my post which still says "not available in your region") but when I click on the badge I can go to the rewards portal normally.

But if I open a new browser window and try to access the link above I am completely blocked and can't even see the badge.

I hope other people in Canada and other parts of the world try to see if they can reach Bing Rewards as well.

When I try to update my profile in the Bing Rewards portal, there are no Canadian provinces available. I can only enter a US address.

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I was just searching about this same thing. We are in Canada as well and that little badge on the search screen got me looking into it as well. I did notice though that the registration page still only allows US addresses though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster