Its getting harder to defend Bing

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
This is really just a joke. Cortana got accidentally activated on my computer while I was talking on the phone, misheard half of what I was saying, plugged it into Bing, and resulted in a search even less related to what I was saying. This is just to share for fun.

Bing is awesome.jpg

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Wasn't MS developing a feature where different devices will decide on order of response for Cortana? So multiple devices don't all respond to the same thing

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't MS developing a feature where different devices will decide on order of response for Cortana? So multiple devices don't all respond to the same thing

On the computer, Cortana responded to a 3 finger tap response on the touchpad. I really wish I could make the 3 tap a middle click. Anyway, the point was more that Bing equates "Nearest Asian..." to pr0n.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
On the computer, Cortana responded to a 3 finger tap response on the touchpad. I really wish I could make the 3 tap a middle click. Anyway, the point was more that Bing equates "Nearest Asian..." to pr0n.

If you've seen Ted 2, they were having problems with Google throwing something else into the search results. ;)

Last edited:

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
If you've seen Ted 2, they were having problems with Google throwing something else into the search results. ;)

There was a funny stand up comic a decade ago that made the same comment. Don't remember who, but it went something like, "I wish google would give me a couple of letters before it fills in the autocomplete."

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Also, if you set your Bing settings to "strict" will cut down on the "bad" results. I have it set that way at work.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. Though this is just something that happened to me that was so funny I felt like sharing it. DuckDuckGo is where its at anyway.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

When I search for:
Nearest Asian was made of the door some of the right small finger fil APIP joint film

(that's what I see in the query string as the full search), I get very different results. No idea why, but it's not even close. That's with the search filter settings to off, so it's not returning adult stuff for me. Maybe it's regional?

search.png

Last edited:

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
well, perfect timing about a search i did. cortana does understand me pretty well and my intentions (winnie the pooh loving honey)...btw those pictures were just of honey and bears.
wp_ss_20160725_0001.jpg

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I get the thread, but dont get the title to it. I prefer bing because it does give me relevant search results. Not ones filtered by who paid for better SEO on Google. SearchEngineOptimization

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
When I search for:
Nearest Asian was made of the door some of the right small finger fil APIP joint film

(that's what I see in the query string as the full search), I get very different results. No idea why, but it's not even close. That's with the search filter settings to off, so it's not returning adult stuff for me. Maybe it's regional?

View attachment 128864

That is the full search term. I still get the same results. Maybe it is a search setting. Maybe Bing just thinks I'm a pervert.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss