Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    32,223 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaRed View Post
    BB10 will probably do very well. It doesn't mean that everyone will have one.

How boring would it be if we all had the same phone?

The Playbook may well see a revival once it has the BB10 OS on it. They have to price it right though, the 4G playbook was *quietly* launched not so long ago for something like $499.
    I doubt if the original Playbook will see a revival. Nobody wants two year old hardware. That is ancient in the tech world.

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    They may refresh it. A 10 inch Playbook seems to be what will come next.

Putting BB10 on the current WiFi playbook which can be bought super cheaply at the moment could be very good advertising/promotion for the new OS but pricing any new tabs too high with all the competition out there may dampen any enthusiasm.

Global Posts
    32,223 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaRed View Post
    They may refresh it. A 10 inch Playbook seems to be what will come next.

Putting BB10 on the current WiFi playbook which can be bought super cheaply at the moment could be very good advertising/promotion for the new OS but pricing any new tabs too high with all the competition out there may dampen any enthusiasm.
    If they do release a new one, I believe it would need a new name. Playbook is too damaged by the negative opinions due to the initial high price for a half-baked product. If a new version is to be successful it needs to be rebranded with a new name. It's currently considered as much "damaged goods" as the Storm.

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    If they do release a new one, I believe it would need a new name. Playbook is too damaged by the negative opinions due to the initial high price for a half-baked product. If a new version is to be successful it needs to be rebranded with a new name. It's currently considered as much "damaged goods" as the Storm.
    I agree with the above statement, but will note that IMO the negative perception of the Playbook is a shame. The Playbook has excellent hardware (and unbelievable sound for a 7" tablet; it needs to be heard to be believed) and Blackberry Tablet OS (i.e. BB pre-10 QNX OS) is a very easy-to-use operating system (though the browser sometimes lags too much). Actually, in terms of pure use BB Tablet OS is my second-favorite mobile OS as of this writing behind Windows Phone OS. RIM shot themselves in the foot (and then hit said foot with a 2' by 4") by taking A YEAR to integrate e-mail into the OS.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I paid $499 for the Playbook shortly after its 2011 launch. I had a Curve 8530 at the time. I'm trying to remember anything I used that thing for besides an alarm clock......I got nothing. Even found its "world class" browser unreliable. The apps were shocking....like Swedish metro/bus timetable apps, Indian cookbook "apps", wow.....the Playbook.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    i dont agree that its andorid without an ecosystem at all. its blackberry which has an ecosystem, almost 80 million subscribers, and now you factor in the crossover ecosystem with android and you have a whole lot more and a whole lot more dynamic ecosystem. i dont at all think bb10 will kill wp, but i do think it has a lot of promise and thorsten is driving it in the right direction. IF it launches with all the top native apps and it catches on with current bb die hards, it can definitely catch a quick decent marketshare.

i for one, am really thinking about making the switch, supposedly it has real time multitasking, native keyboard supposedly made with swiftkey technology, and the design created by TAT, has me pretty much sold. i just need to see it in person first.

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Given the PB will receive BB10 you can probably expect tech bloggers to give it another review and given the experience is good as the phones and has the apps the phone has, it pretty much becomes a brand new tablet. The history will be there but for current users moving forward they will be happier than ever and maybe cause some others to pick theirs back up and expect people to snatch up all the cheap ones still left in store and on ebay.

Global Posts
    693 Global Posts
    Wow I didn't expect this level of ignorant fanboyist delusion.

Quote Originally Posted by snaqvi91 View Post
    Wow I didn't expect this level of ignorant fanboyist delusion.
    You are on wpcentral. 80% of what's posted here is ignorant fanboyist delusion
    Thanked by:
    I'm rooting for Microsoft but I honestly think bb10 will do very well. The stability of wp8 has been a major shock to me and almost makes me want to try something else. In the end I know it's a new OS and fixes will come, but I have a feeling bb10 will be much more polished out the gate.

The amount of stupidity on this forum is just shocking. I honestly get a headache reading the majority of posts here.
    Blackjack 2 - Epix - Focus - Lumia 900
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpetewtf View Post
    The amount of stupidity on this forum is just shocking. I honestly get a headache reading the majority of posts here.
    Oh hi. You must be new to the internet. Let me fill you in before you sell your modem. Every tech site is like this. This one is actually pretty tame. Check out the verge and see for yourself.

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliandren View Post
    RIM posted a net loss of over $100 million in q3, how is that business going up working out for them. I have had to use bb for 5 years at work, their OS is uninspired and far buggier than WP, their devices are trash and limited in choice, and BES is inferior to intume/SCCM2012 integration.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
    To be fair BB10 is completely new built upon a different OS
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iPwnza View Post
    Another grid-of-apps ecosystem layout. Nothing to see here.

This won't take off, no need to say "THIS WILL BE WPS DOOMSDAY" when you look at the BB10 countdown. Its more of BB's doomsday.
    No sign of the OP ever since BB10 was announced to be getting all the major apps that wp8 doesn't have. So much for his theory. It was flawed anyway.
    Thanked by:
    sirfly2fly likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12