Anyone else worried about BB10?

Tiwo

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
What worries me is that on a Windows Phone forum people talk about so many negative thing of WP/MS.. haha makes me worried sometimes. Especially as I'm a user that has yet to receive his Lumia 620

lemonsteveo

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
What worries me is that on a Windows Phone forum people talk about so many negative thing of WP/MS.. haha makes me worried sometimes. Especially as I'm a user that has yet to receive his Lumia 620

Don't worry you'll love that phone. I'm a 920 user but played with the 620 at the Nokia store, almost tempted to buy it!

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
After watching the event today, finding out that it won't launch in America until mid/late March, and reading the reviews of the Z10, spoiler alert: it's meh, I am not sure what will happen. I think Microsoft has a shot of taking back any momentum they might have lost today. I think if they come out and announce super awesome WP8.1 update with some killer features both on the consumer and enterprise side it will make people stop and think again (at least in the States.) My personal hope is that both WP and BB kick butt actually.

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Goofing around?

I really don't get this.

Microsoft completely rewrote WP7, to make it easier to port iOS/Android apps to WP8. Microsoft made sure WP8 was extremely similar to Windows 8, so it was easy to port apps between W8 & WP8.

What more can Microsoft do? Microsoft throw money at companies like Rovio, yet Angry Birds is still a poor cousin of the iOS/Android versions, and updated really slowly.

Microsoft threw > $1billion at Nokia, to make some brilliant handsets. Even HTC are making sexy WP8 devices. Still not really helping.

Yes, "goofing around" is just about it.
MS has a pretty solid ecosystem on their own and can't seem to figure out how to make WP work with it:
Skype for WP is still in 'preview'. They *own* that company for what, 2 years now?

And the so-called xbox games offer precious little (over non-xbox games) other than online leaderboards and playing around with a silly avatar. Shouldn't they be having exclusives like the Halo series, killer features like the ability to stream games/content from your console to your phone and somehow sync with your Xbox360?? I know what I'm saying is probably 'out there' but consider it food for thought (and creative ways to leverage the xbox trademark)

And Office for WP is just sad with its over-simplified, basic features. Shouldn't they have put Outlook (the email client, not the online service) in as part of Office to unify inboxes?

I know BB10 is probably even more raw as a brand new OS, but MS is wasting precious time here. I like my 820, but MS really needs to get its act together.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The promised top 46 apps, if they don't arrive 2 months after BB10 launches in my country, (expected April-May), I'm going over to BB10. Have always preferred physical keyboards, and their FB app looks decent enough.

Will be waiting for reviews.

Baryex86

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually hoping that they succeed. I am a previous BB user and I love how stable the Facebook, Twitter apps were. The email is the best one out there and their calendar is superb. I moved to a Nokia Lumia 920 after 2 and a half years with BB and I have no regrets. I do miss a couple of things from BB, but I still like the Nokia better.

1101x10

May 27, 2012
Visit site
[h=1]Why Windows Phone will beat the new Blackberry[/h]http://blogs.computerworld.com/windows-phone/21708/why-windows-phone-will-beat-new-blackberry

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
^ windows phone has to actually catch Blackberry first.

Given the fact that Microsoft was gifted 2 years to catch third place and failed to do so, I'm sure Blackberry will have no problem stopping its fall.

upupandawol

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
JI want them to succeed as well. i was a blackberry ****** and i converted to WP at the OS's launch. these two platforms gives more choices to the consumer. why should we have to choose between IOS or Android. both are horrid OSs in my opinion to be stuck with. they work for some but i'd hate to be backed in a corner with only hese two to choose from ya know.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
JI want them to succeed as well. i was a blackberry ****** and i converted to WP at the OS's launch. these two platforms gives more choices to the consumer. why should we have to choose between IOS or Android. both are horrid OSs in my opinion to be stuck with. they work for some but i'd hate to be backed in a corner with only hese two to choose from ya know.
Back this 100%. I know if I was a rep still I'd be slinging BB10 and WP8 all day. iOS is ugly and cheesy and the iPhones are too weak. Android is a glitch fest and has the most unbearable fans ever. The only time I would sell one is if someone said "I use/need tons of apps", at which point I'd say "Do you want a buggy phone or a phone that you WILL shatter inside your two years?"

bayotte

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I seriously wish Blackberry (no longer RIM) all the best being Canadian and a long time Blackberry owner/ambassador. With that being said, WP8 is what this fast paced mobile space seriously needs. The most personalized and interactive OS, blended with a very vibrant and stylish hardware. Its too good of story to not catch on. MS have very deep pockets, but the need to smell the coffee and bring the attention they've been giving Windows Phone 8 up another notch and to take the competition seriously. They have the best eco-system available. With Windows 8, WP8, X-Box and SURFACE? Hello? No one else has this. They need to get developers behind their app store and make their marketing department more accountable for their action or lack there of. For the love of god, sell the whole package people. At least inform people of what's underneath the Microsoft umbrella. They have the total computing experience.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I think RIM... er I mean Blackberry is going full force for a fight in the mobile market... maybe this might cause microsoft to start putting some effort into WP.

Got a feeling in a few months blackberry world will make marketplace look embarrassing (hope I'm wrong)

Mosov

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I still like the WP interface better. I didn't see anything from BB that 'wowed' me. They are gonna be a small market, WP has still more to grow.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
No. Why?

Again this forum, along with many other forums of different categories, are worried about the competition. People need to be SECURE in their purchase and quit acting like they have something at stake if the item they're supporting doesn't get as much attention as the competition. Buy the thing that works for YOU and stop worrying about BB10, iOS, and Android. You bought Windows Phone for a reason, and that reason should sustain you. If not, move on. Simple as that.

I purchased my iPhone 5 back in October/November. To this day, I haven't had the urge to play with any new devices at any stores (including WP8 devices). ****, I barely browse the forums anymore for news on upcoming devices. This phone, outside of a few things, meets my needs. I don't feel like I have to defend it, I don't feel like I should scope the comp to see if they offer something better, and I definitely don't feel bad when people think I should get something else. It does what I need it to do. The lot of folks here should take note of that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05