Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    The promised top 46 apps, if they don't arrive 2 months after BB10 launches in my country, (expected April-May), I'm going over to BB10. Have always preferred physical keyboards, and their FB app looks decent enough.

Will be waiting for reviews.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I'm actually hoping that they succeed. I am a previous BB user and I love how stable the Facebook, Twitter apps were. The email is the best one out there and their calendar is superb. I moved to a Nokia Lumia 920 after 2 and a half years with BB and I have no regrets. I do miss a couple of things from BB, but I still like the Nokia better.
    Developer

Why Windows Phone will beat the new Blackberry

http://blogs.computerworld.com/windows-phone/21708/why-windows-phone-will-beat-new-blackberry

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    ^ windows phone has to actually catch Blackberry first.

Given the fact that Microsoft was gifted 2 years to catch third place and failed to do so, I'm sure Blackberry will have no problem stopping its fall.
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul Rahman Noor View Post
    And Office for WP is just sad with its over-simplified, basic features. Shouldn't they have put Outlook (the email client, not the online service) in as part of Office to unify inboxes?
    Actually, I do have linked inboxes on my Windows Phone. The native mail client can be considered Outlook.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

JI want them to succeed as well. i was a blackberry fanboy and i converted to WP at the OS's launch. these two platforms gives more choices to the consumer. why should we have to choose between IOS or Android. both are horrid OSs in my opinion to be stuck with. they work for some but i'd hate to be backed in a corner with only hese two to choose from ya know.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by upupandawol View Post
    JI want them to succeed as well. i was a blackberry fanboy and i converted to WP at the OS's launch. these two platforms gives more choices to the consumer. why should we have to choose between IOS or Android. both are horrid OSs in my opinion to be stuck with. they work for some but i'd hate to be backed in a corner with only hese two to choose from ya know.
    Back this 100%. I know if I was a rep still I'd be slinging BB10 and WP8 all day. iOS is ugly and cheesy and the iPhones are too weak. Android is a glitch fest and has the most unbearable fans ever. The only time I would sell one is if someone said "I use/need tons of apps", at which point I'd say "Do you want a buggy phone or a phone that you WILL shatter inside your two years?"
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S

Global Posts
    2,250 Global Posts
    I want a z10 and I have a 920. I love choice.
    HTC Droid Incredible(2 replacements) --> Nokia Lumia 900(Briefly)/Apple iPhone 4s --> Nokia Lumia 920(3 replacements) --> BlackBerry Z10(2 replacements) --> HTC One(3 replacements) --> Samsung Galaxy S4(Briefly) --> iPhone 5 --> iPhone 6+

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Q10 seems equally delicious.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I seriously wish Blackberry (no longer RIM) all the best being Canadian and a long time Blackberry owner/ambassador. With that being said, WP8 is what this fast paced mobile space seriously needs. The most personalized and interactive OS, blended with a very vibrant and stylish hardware. Its too good of story to not catch on. MS have very deep pockets, but the need to smell the coffee and bring the attention they've been giving Windows Phone 8 up another notch and to take the competition seriously. They have the best eco-system available. With Windows 8, WP8, X-Box and SURFACE? Hello? No one else has this. They need to get developers behind their app store and make their marketing department more accountable for their action or lack there of. For the love of god, sell the whole package people. At least inform people of what's underneath the Microsoft umbrella. They have the total computing experience.

Enjoy life people...
    LeLee092 likes this.

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    I think RIM... er I mean Blackberry is going full force for a fight in the mobile market... maybe this might cause microsoft to start putting some effort into WP.

Got a feeling in a few months blackberry world will make marketplace look embarrassing (hope I'm wrong)

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I still like the WP interface better. I didn't see anything from BB that 'wowed' me. They are gonna be a small market, WP has still more to grow.

Everyone talking about Marketshare is aware that what BB7 is to BB10, is the same as WM is to WP, right?

Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts
    No. Why?

Again this forum, along with many other forums of different categories, are worried about the competition. People need to be SECURE in their purchase and quit acting like they have something at stake if the item they're supporting doesn't get as much attention as the competition. Buy the thing that works for YOU and stop worrying about BB10, iOS, and Android. You bought Windows Phone for a reason, and that reason should sustain you. If not, move on. Simple as that.

I purchased my iPhone 5 back in October/November. To this day, I haven't had the urge to play with any new devices at any stores (including WP8 devices). ****, I barely browse the forums anymore for news on upcoming devices. This phone, outside of a few things, meets my needs. I don't feel like I have to defend it, I don't feel like I should scope the comp to see if they offer something better, and I definitely don't feel bad when people think I should get something else. It does what I need it to do. The lot of folks here should take note of that.
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

bawboh86 likes this.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosov View Post
    I still like the WP interface better. I didn't see anything from BB that 'wowed' me. They are gonna be a small market, WP has still more to grow.
    WP's refreshing UI was a major reason I converted. BB10 seems nice, but yeah, there wasn't anything WOW about it.

WP will most likely lose a few fence sitters. Those without brand loyalty. I don't know that loss will move the needle much though.

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I think BB10 is a little to complex and lacking discoverability. I think that will be an issue for a lot of folks. The BB fans will flock to it...as will those who chose to leave BB because they were stagnant. But there are too many issues with their approach to believe they will be too much of a threat. Time will tell, though.

Global Posts
    4,719 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    I'm waiting for MWC. If Nokia and Microsoft <gives a good long stare at Steve Ballmer> don't come up with anything good <gives another good long stare at Steve Ballmer>, BB10 is a threat.
    I am personally hoping that they'd release a Lumia (N-Gage) 720 which would become a companion to the XBox 360 and its successor (people are calling it the 720, so Nokia/Microsoft could at least jump on the bandwagon.)

BB10 itself? MeeGo Swipe UI + Android/iOS. Lo and behold, you have a new UI! In other words, I've seen it all before.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    How about you wait 3weeks to see how sales are doing in UK, CAN, and UAE??

BB10 is a joke and jokes get old fast.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    The thing that worries me about BB10 is that it's based on the same JVM as Android and with only a few tweaks Android apps can be fully converted to BB10. This gives them relatively easy access to a mountain of apps. That combined with people in business who have clung to their old BBs means this platform could easily pick up some traction in specific market segments.

I see this as the beginning of a boxing match. WP8 has had time to strut around the ring and show off for the crowd and now BB10 has climbed through the ropes. I can only hope that Microsoft hasn't fooled itself into thinking this isn't a fight. With iOS slipping, Blackberry and Microsoft have come to market at the right time. People being as they are, there can be only one new trendy device. Which will it be?
    you missed the big one, Enterprise WiFi is missing from WP8, how can Microsoft expect companies to use WP8 Phones. Most of the students can use WiFi on campus because of this.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    No....is it a nice OS sure...did they miss the price point and the release date in the US....YES....not really seeing much momentum after they took this long to finally bring it to the market and it is still going to be a good 6 weeks or before anyone in the US can get one....Would not shock me if WP8 gets more devices and pricing and ads and have those devices in stores before the first BB10 gets out the door in the US....hey when is Mobile World Congress again?

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghu Gundlapalli View Post
    you missed the big one, Enterprise WiFi is missing from WP8, how can Microsoft expect companies to use WP8 Phones. Most of the students can use WiFi on campus because of this.
    Which enterprise protocol? I think the problem is a number of protocols have been "retired" by the wifi consortium over the last couple years due to poor security so companies stopped supporting them. BTW, having a playbook which also lacks the same protocols, I can say BB10 will likely have the same issues. The LEAP protocol would be a good example.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAdrian23 View Post
    BB10 is a joke and jokes get old fast.
    yeah apparently:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast