Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Global Posts
    2,285 Global Posts
    HTC Droid Incredible(2 replacements) --> Nokia Lumia 900(Briefly)/Apple iPhone 4s --> Nokia Lumia 920(3 replacements) --> BlackBerry Z10(2 replacements) --> HTC One(3 replacements) --> Samsung Galaxy S4(Briefly) --> iPhone 5 --> iPhone 6+

Global Posts
    2,142 Global Posts
    Yup, SO HAPPY!!

sorry windows...
    Developer

Global Posts
    4,396 Global Posts
    I fail to see what makes instagram so great? I have several friends on iOS and they rarely if ever use it.... My wife and I never used it during our 8 month stent with iOS.
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8)
    Meme 8 Ball (WP8), UnClocked (WP8.1 - Themed Live Tile Clock)

Global Posts
    2,285 Global Posts
    If you fail to see the point in getting major app developers on board then there is no use attempting to appeal to reason with you.
    HTC Droid Incredible(2 replacements) --> Nokia Lumia 900(Briefly)/Apple iPhone 4s --> Nokia Lumia 920(3 replacements) --> BlackBerry Z10(2 replacements) --> HTC One(3 replacements) --> Samsung Galaxy S4(Briefly) --> iPhone 5 --> iPhone 6+
    Thanked by:
    iamtim likes this.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I don't use it either but it seems to be one of those flavour of the month apps that validate an os in some/many peoples eyes. What I really don't understand is why Facebook / Instagram are so reluctant to be on the platform. I am sure MS and probably Nokia would happily pay to have the app developed for windows just to end the constant debate about it so I wonder what the hold up is. Still wouldn't use it but at least it would be an end to the matter.

Meh :|
    Sent from my Windows 8.1 Vivotab Smart Tablet PC ��

If this is on bb10 from the start, that's a direct shot at WP and really going to upset a lot of people. I don't use it, never used it, but judging from posts here, its very popular and very very much wanted.
    So Instagram already said no plans at all for WP, yet could very well be on bb10 from its birth. Ouch! And that's and understatement. Seems very few have faith in WP
    zyran likes this.

Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts
    Yeah if it's on there at launch, then it'll be a crippling blow to WinPho8
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

Global Posts
    1,663 Global Posts
    It doesn't matter if you don't see what makes Instagram "so great", or if you're "meh" about it or not. What matters is the insanely large and loyal user base that DOES see what makes Instagram "so great". If you can't see the value of an app that has a huge user base, and the absence of it makes a platform an instant no-starter for them, than I wish you a good time at the upcoming joint WP/webOS user conference at your local McDonald's. :D

Seriously, folks, look past the trees and see the forest.
    zyran likes this.

It won't be enough to save BB, really $199 for a phone from a company that has become a laughing stock. The BB loyalists will buy them, but the masses won't, because BB is considered old, and outdated (no matter how modern BB10 is).

BB still thinks it's 2008 with that pricing.

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner79 View Post
    It won't be enough to save BB, really $199 for a phone from a company that has become a laughing stock. The BB loyalists will buy them, but the masses won't, because BB is considered old, and outdated (no matter how modern BB10 is).

huh? What's wrong with $199? That's normal subsidized pricing. Were you expecting heavily subsidized Windows Phone type, give away pricing?

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    Is there scientific studies out there that suggest that by a "major" app coming to a phone company/community, automatically you get an uptick of "new" users?

Just curious.
    Developer

Bb 10 :)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,477 Global Posts

So please, why is it there's so much support and I'm seeing users buy it left right and centre? Sure, it's anecdotal evidence, but I've been reading that it's been selling out at a lot of places. We're seeing a repeat of the Nokia Lumia 920 launch here. Massive demand, not enough stock. I say good for BlackBerry (I nearly typed RIM then!) - heck, I even got mistaken for a rep/guru by one lass who was wanting two while in the O2 store! Imagine the awkwardness when I had to show I was a Nokia Lumia 920 owner!

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Vogel View Post
    I don't use it either but it seems to be one of those flavour of the month apps
    Its been out for 2 years now. Snapchat is a flavor of the month, ruzzle too. But instagram has been out for a while now.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,663 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewayz8 View Post
    Is there scientific studies out there that suggest that by a "major" app coming to a phone company/community, automatically you get an uptick of "new" users?
    Not that I'm aware of. But there are documented instances - many documented instances - of potential WP users liking the OS and hardware, only to put it down and walk away when they discover it doesn't have Instagram.

I think once companies reach a certain point it should be required to open to all os's so it will away with potential monopolies. I don't use instagram never will but I would like to see it as an option on wp. Its only fair to all companies. But I guess the world doesn't play like that.

If they were interested in WP it would have been released already. Maby someone is paying them not to...?

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    instagram2.jpg
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,142 Global Posts
    Well you guys have Netflix...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Another instagram thread and another case of overreaction by both sides. At least you're amusing the bb lurkers.
    Bobert_123 likes this.

Global Posts
    545 Global Posts
    Broke link?

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveGx View Post
    If this is on bb10 from the start, that's a direct shot at WP and really going to upset a lot of people. I don't use it, never used it, but judging from posts here, its very popular and very very much wanted.
    So Instagram already said no plans at all for WP, yet could very well be on bb10 from its birth. Ouch! And that's and understatement. Seems very few have faith in WP
    True, I couldn't care less for sharing silly pictures myself, but judging by what a lot of people seem to want, this could very well be a significant factor in the BB10 vs. WP8 battle.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Yeah the links gone, so evidently they either changed their mind or something went wrong.

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts

Funny, because that's exactly why people have been saying Microsoft needs to rebrand Windows Phone--that's precisely what consumers think when they think Windows.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast