Superbowl Commercial

Tiwo

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
The only idea this commercial gives is that bad luck and bad thing are going to happen to you if you buy a BB10 :p

lboogie_1971_

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It wasn't meant to show off features and it wasn't meant for those who already know about. It was meant to pique the interest of those who thought BlackBerry is/was dead.

30 seconds would not have been long enough to show what it can do, hence its ending, it's easier to show what it can't do.

If it piqued your interest then you will go to the website shown at the end. Leading up to the release in the states there will be other ads through various media and social outlets.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I see what they did, but I think it was a bad commercial as well. Yes the idea was cool, "30 seconds isn't enough" but it was poorly done. They could have been funnier, "cooler", grabbed your attention much better than they did. They needed epic to get peoples attention and to say "HEY, Blackberry is different now! Its new and better than the competition!" but they didn't do it.

That being said, so much better than Dodge's farmer commercial lol that was terrible.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I kinda liked it, felt right with all the other Super Bowl ads.
But I think they should've use this "concept" BB10 commercial I ran across or at least a shorter version of it.

BlackBerry 10 Pre Super Bowl Ad Commercial 2013 Mashup - YouTube

I hadn't viewed the video linked above until just a few seconds ago. THAT is a good ad that would created a positive impression. Objectively-speaking, I hope Blackberry uses that ad when they release their BB10 smartphones in the U.S. It is miles better than their Super Bowl ad.

Truthfully, flushing the $4 million plus whatever production costs there were for the Super Bowl ad down the toilet (or better yet, giving all/some of that money to CHIP72 :grin:) would have been nearly as effective for Blackberry as what they actually did do by showing the ad during the Super Bowl.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Which means Microsoft didn't waste any money on a poor commercial that didn't do a good job of building brand recognition.

What are you talking about. That narrator's voice just captures your attention. Its the best propaganda I've seen in a long time. Just watch it a few more times and before you notice it you'll be holding a black berry in your hand.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
What are you talking about. That narrator's voice just captures your attention. Its the best propaganda I've seen in a long time. Just watch it a few more times and before you notice it you'll be holding a black berry in your hand.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Are you talking about the Blackberry concept video linked above (which I really like and think is very good) or the Blackberry Super Bowl commercial (which was blah and not particularly memorable)?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb