Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bobert_123
  • 1 Post By MobileCal

Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Was awful. I was expecting an "epic" feeling to it. Was just plain bad. Thoughts?

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    All the commercials were bad.
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts

Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    No Windows Phone commercial.
    Favorite Apps: Windows Phone News, WPCentral, TV Series, Flash Sports, myTube, Metrotube, wpTorrent, Yxplayer WP8, Moliplayer Pro, Package Tracker, NZBConnect, Media Browser, Audiotica 4, MP3 finder, User Agent Switcher, UC Browser, GetThemAll, Amazing Music, Music+, MetroRadio, FlashVideo, Navigon, WebApps, Note It

Global Posts
    2,113 Global Posts
    It wasn't that bad guys, WP didn't even have a commercial...
    MobileCal likes this.

Commercial didn't show off the hardware or anything specific about the software. Terrible spot.

The only idea this commercial gives is that bad luck and bad thing are going to happen to you if you buy a BB10 :p

Yeah rite, that ad is gonna to get me to go out to buy a bb10.
    LoL :D
    Sent from my Windows 8.1 Vivotab Smart Tablet PC ��

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I kinda liked it, felt right with all the other Super Bowl ads.
    But I think they should've use this "concept" BB10 commercial I ran across or at least a shorter version of it.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    It wasn't meant to show off features and it wasn't meant for those who already know about. It was meant to pique the interest of those who thought BlackBerry is/was dead.

30 seconds would not have been long enough to show what it can do, hence its ending, it's easier to show what it can't do.

If it piqued your interest then you will go to the website shown at the end. Leading up to the release in the states there will be other ads through various media and social outlets.
    I see what they did, but I think it was a bad commercial as well. Yes the idea was cool, "30 seconds isn't enough" but it was poorly done. They could have been funnier, "cooler", grabbed your attention much better than they did. They needed epic to get peoples attention and to say "HEY, Blackberry is different now! Its new and better than the competition!" but they didn't do it.

That being said, so much better than Dodge's farmer commercial lol that was terrible.
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileCal View Post
    I kinda liked it, felt right with all the other Super Bowl ads.
    But I think they should've use this "concept" BB10 commercial I ran across or at least a shorter version of it.

I hadn't viewed the video linked above until just a few seconds ago. THAT is a good ad that would created a positive impression. Objectively-speaking, I hope Blackberry uses that ad when they release their BB10 smartphones in the U.S. It is miles better than their Super Bowl ad.

Truthfully, flushing the $4 million plus whatever production costs there were for the Super Bowl ad down the toilet (or better yet, giving all/some of that money to CHIP72 ) would have been nearly as effective for Blackberry as what they actually did do by showing the ad during the Super Bowl.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobert_123 View Post
    It wasn't that bad guys, WP didn't even have a commercial...
    Which means Microsoft didn't waste any money on a poor commercial that didn't do a good job of building brand recognition.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)

Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    Which means Microsoft didn't waste any money on a poor commercial that didn't do a good job of building brand recognition.
    What are you talking about. That narrator's voice just captures your attention. Its the best propaganda I've seen in a long time. Just watch it a few more times and before you notice it you'll be holding a black berry in your hand.
    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WasteSomeTime View Post
    What are you talking about. That narrator's voice just captures your attention. Its the best propaganda I've seen in a long time. Just watch it a few more times and before you notice it you'll be holding a black berry in your hand.
    Are you talking about the Blackberry concept video linked above (which I really like and think is very good) or the Blackberry Super Bowl commercial (which was blah and not particularly memorable)?

Other notable devices:

Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    The link above. The 2013 mash.

Global Posts
    2,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    At least BB has some band recognition

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    The commercial stunk.
    ~Sal

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    No one liked the Taco Bell commercial with the old people partying all night? LMFAO!

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaap View Post
    No one liked the Taco Bell commercial with the old people partying all night? LMFAO!

It was cool.
    ~Sal

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Oh wait. Sorry, I didn't realize I was in the BB subforum. I thought we were talking about SB commercial in general. Sorry OP!

Global Posts
    2,063 Global Posts
    Many bloggers forgot that the Apple 1984 super bowl ad --- while it was a critical success at the artistic level, it was a complete failure at the business level. Steve Jobs was ousted a year later in 1985.