02-05-2013, 12:31 PM #2
- 1,288 Posts
No lineups in Toronto...
There were no lineups in Toronto on Tuesday, but Research In Motion Ltd. has won back at least one customer as it launches its brand new BlackBerry 10 smartphone.In Canada, however, at the big Future Shop and Best Buy stores near the intersection of Yonge Street and Dundas Street West, there were no lineups ahead of the stores' openings at 10 a.m. A Bell store in the Eaton Centre had two large displays for the BlackBerry Z10, but there was also no lineup.
The only lineup in sight around one of Toronto’s biggest intersections on the new BlackBerry’s launch day was at a Starbucks, outside which two Ryerson University students, Grace Lo and Bryan Chiu, were lounging with their iPhones. Ms. Lo said she sees BlackBerrys as a device her dad would use, but not her, though she added that her dad – who has “fat fingers,” according to Ms. Lo – was slightly disappointed that the first new BlackBerry to launch does not have a keyboard, but that he may wait for the BlackBerry Q10.
- 02-06-2013, 08:03 PM #6
Doing well in a land of 34 million still a big deal (add in it did even better in the UK) and yes there are lines, but no not iphone sized line. Though why that is now the measure of success, I don't know.....a lot of us older folk (past 30) consider standing around in line for something you can just preorder kinda dumb.
That being said, I've never seen any lines for no Lumia or HTC, which despite being a proud Canadian, is kinda sad as I've invested heavily in this platform when I left BB last year.
- 02-07-2013, 07:54 AM #8
1) I've seen no lineups anywhere where I was, and I haven't heard a lot about them either.
2) You're trying too hard. BB better sell well, here - it's one of BB's few bastions so is UK for that matter. WP is tough to find here in the wild, but my carrier says it's selling rather well (but it is all anecdotal)
3) WP and BB fans arguing reminds me of two small dogs fighting over table scraps. Pretty pathetic.
- 02-07-2013, 08:03 AM #9
I'm a fan of technology. I'm just sick of BB fans coming here with useless posts that start flame wars. Most of their posts, which are full of false information, are a scathing indictment of their "wealthy by leaps and bounds" education system. Some people on this forum are too sensitive, and their devotion to a brand name is creepy. That goes for some mods too. LOL
Last edited by JerseySal; 02-07-2013 at 08:23 AM.
- By bradleyj in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 11-08-2011, 03:30 PM
- By tiny in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 11Last Post: 10-27-2011, 06:02 PM
- By y2kunals in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 15Last Post: 10-04-2011, 02:57 PM
- By Curtieson in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 33Last Post: 09-21-2011, 07:32 AM
- By fc000 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 07-24-2011, 01:23 PM