Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Daniel Ratcliffe

/tickles

Let's be honest here, BB10 may get all those apps but they're just sloppy seconds ports

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Well that is all well and good but Skype on windows phone is subpar at best.
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.- Plato

Quote Originally Posted by WinFan1 View Post
    Well that is all well and good but Skype on windows phone is subpar at best.
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express
    How? Its fully integrated into the OS.
    Thanked by:
    Quote Originally Posted by spaulagain View Post
    How? Its fully integrated into the OS.
    Not fully...its still in app form.

Quote Originally Posted by Microsoftjunkie View Post
    Not fully...its still in app form.
    Ya, because its an app. But calls come in etc just as if they were a phone call. And the video call works great, especially compared to Facetime. What more could you ask for?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    Ya, because its an app. But calls come in etc just as if they were a phone call. And the video call works great, especially compared to Facetime. What more could you ask for?
    Integration with Messaging and People hubs. I want the "app" to just be a handshake to the servers and then the built in hubs take care of the rest.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    a5cent likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WavingReds View Post
    /tickles

Let's be honest here, BB10 may get all those apps but they're just sloppy seconds ports
    I hate to say it, but ummm... aren't we Windows Phone users also kind of used to getting sloppy seconds ports from iPhone and Android?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,173 Global Posts
    Skype is terrrrrible on WP8 so even if it's an android port it will still be better
    HTC Droid Incredible(2 replacements) --> Nokia Lumia 900(Briefly)/Apple iPhone 4s --> Nokia Lumia 920(3 replacements) --> BlackBerry Z10(2 replacements) --> HTC One(3 replacements) --> Samsung Galaxy S4(Briefly) --> iPhone 5 --> iPhone 6+
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhooghe View Post
    Skype is terrrrrible on WP8 so even if it's an android port it will still be better
    Actually this I have to agree with. I have the Android app (HTC Flyer), and Skype is brilliant on it. But Microsoft have so much potential with Skype for WP 8.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    1,109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwo View Post
    The most important thing for 9 out of 10 consumers would be whether the app works properly on their phone. If it does then many are not going to care whether or not it is a native app or an Android port.
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    LOL all they did was made the UI for incoming calls mimic the GSM calls UI. Skype is in no way integrated into the OS at the moment.
    As for what more could we ask for? Hmmm lets see
    • fast resume. the stupid resume screen makes it look like an app from a feature phone back in 2003
    • send and receive pictures. The BB app might be a port, but it will do this just fine.
    • let me log out; pretty please?

Skype for wp8 is horrible!!!! Rarely gets calls

Quote Originally Posted by Mystictrust View Post
    I hate to say it, but ummm... aren't we Windows Phone users also kind of used to getting sloppy seconds ports from iPhone and Android?
    lol I forgot about this thread but what I meant by ports from bb is the android emulation they have