Crackberry site blows

Status
Not open for further replies.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Geezus, it was so hard to navigate that site. Some articles show a few sentences and then there's a little down arrow that looks greyed out. I took a chance and clicked it and more of the article came up. I thought, OK, whatever now I get it. However, to continue reading even further there was yet another greyed out arrow. Don't they know by now that I want to read the whole ****ing article? Anyway, I clicked the arrow and it took me to the top of the article instead of continuing to the bottom. ****.

Then, I found an interesting article to read. The title of this article is "BlackBerry Q10 pricing and carrier availability," but the penultimate sentence is, "Unfortunately no pricing has been announced at this time." WTF? Worse, I tried to make a comment and got some freaking ajax error. Holy ****.

Please WPcentral, don't make this site suck as much as crackberry.com.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
They just redid Crackberry and have mentioned they have bugs to fix and some tweaking to do. Hopefully your problems are on the list.

Jonas Jonsson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I know they want to make the new site reflect the BB10 design language to some extent, which to be honest, looks pretty nice but at the same time I also find it overly complicated and hard to browse.

It's like the Verge, nice design but bad navigation.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I too found it a tad bit difficult to navigate. For instance, the top part of the site had an unlock your blackberry tab that I thought was a part of the site, but found out that it was a link to a 3rd party site. I think just like the bb10 OS and windows 8 (regular os not the mobile os) was a bit of a learning curve I think it'll be the same for the new crackberry site. I'm sure I'll get used to it soon, but for now I don't visit it that much because of it. :(

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I would just like to say my colleague lak611 has reported it to our Tech Team for sorting out the ajax error. As to the design language, it's the same as why I want a pushing of the Modern interface on WPCentral. It reflects the phone design language. It makes the forum feel more connected in my opinion.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I would just like to say my colleague lak611 has reported it to our Tech Team for sorting out the ajax error. As to the design language, it's the same as why I want a pushing of the Modern interface on WPCentral. It reflects the phone design language. It makes the forum feel more connected in my opinion.
I'm not complaining about the design language. I got used to that quickly and could see what they were going for. It's just that it didn't work. Not just the Ajax error, but the little down arrow wouldn't get you the rest of the article; it would take you somewhere totally unexpected. Then the article about pricing that didn't include pricing was just boneheaded reporting.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
The redesign on that website is a colossal train wreck. Instead of making it easier to navigate everything is so jumbled up it's impossible to know what is where.

Trappiste

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
LOL. I tried but could no longer read Crackberry since I have no idea how to use the site! Where are all the stories? Why are there only a few snippets? How the hel* does one navigate that thing anyway?

Ah, whatever. I go find some other BB place.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
This really has nothing to do with BlackBerry itself. If you have issues with their site you should take it up with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon