BlackBerry cannot sell a dozen handsets

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Remember when WP fans would gripe about how the carriers were hiding the phones at the back of the store, and steering away customers from the WP7 platform? That's what's happening with Blackberry now with the US carriers, and it's something they'll need to overcome. It's a pity because the phone and new OS are quite good. Blackberry is in roughly the same position that Microsoft was in until the WP8 launch; I'm not sure why Blackberry's situation is more mockable now than Microsoft's was then.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
My local corporate AT&T has sold 1 z10 since launch...........

And its more laughable because of the quote machine that is the Blackberry CEO thorsten heins

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Remember when WP fans would gripe about how the carriers were hiding the phones at the back of the store, and steering away customers from the WP7 platform? That's what's happening with Blackberry now with the US carriers, and it's something they'll need to overcome. It's a pity because the phone and new OS are quite good. Blackberry is in roughly the same position that Microsoft was in until the WP8 launch; I'm not sure why Blackberry's situation is more mockable now than Microsoft's was then.

Unlike Microsoft, Blackberry doesn't have any other source of income, so if they can't get the providers to sell their phones, they are definitely in a worse situation than Microsoft was or is.

samab

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
U.S Launch is a disappointment. Shares are tumbling.

The share went up 8% on the day BEFORE the US launch and then went down 8% on the actual launch day. Idiotic reporters are saying that it's the end of world --- but it was simply profit taking from a stock that went up by 8% the previous day.

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
ttsoldier. May I remind you of all the bad publicity the 920 got? Yeah, it's like that. There is a lot of misinformation about and I'm surprised everyone is believing all these news articles when they've shown their true colors during the WP8 launch.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Meanwhile, here in the Philippines, carriers (even the budget ones) are pushing the Z10 hard.
I SEE ADS FOR THEM EVERYWHERE.
Not kidding about this.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
After all the **** talking that BB fans did about WP prior to BB10's launch it's nice to see BB10 and the Z10 spinning its wheels in the mud.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
If only they released it as the same time as everyone else...

That's what they need to do. Samsung learned. The s2 was available in the world first, then us later. The s3 came to everywhere during the same month, and look how that turned out.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I can see why. I have a z10 and a 8X and the Z10 is the worse. Constant reboots, heating issues and battery life sucks and camera issues. I can why they are tumbling because of issues. I plan to return my z10 in two days because these issues are getting very pathetic after almost 2 months with no fix

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
U.S Launch is a disappointment. Shares are tumbling.

BlackBerry shares tumble after 'disappointing' debut of Z10 smartphones in the US - Telegraph

"Shocking", really, seeing that Heins said "Apple iPhone 'Old' " I'm sure Apple can sell more than twelve phones.

BlackBerry Chief Heins Says Apple iPhone 'Old,' No Longer Innovative - Forbes

I'm not a huge fan of 'Wackberry', but I don't understand why you would title your thread in such a way. Unless you meant, they couldn't sell a dozen Z10's on a small island somewhere in the Caribbean -- then I would understand.

Furthermore, you then back up your statement with a Daily Telegraph article that is a month old -- so this thread is pointless really. 👎

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro