[Question] Your thoughts about the Blackberry Passport?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
My 1520 is safe. While the wifey was busy at Home Goods, I slithered into the AT&T store knowing I had plenty of time. I found the Classic better than the Passport from an ergonomic point of view. The Passport has poor balance for my tastes. I will say the screen is razor sharp and offers excellent viewing on web pages. The virtual mouse worked great for navigating web pages and scrolling messages in the Hub but I couldn't see myself using this as an everyday phone. The Classic felt right at home but I'm spoiled with my 1520's 6" display.

Sent from my bitchin' Lumia 2520

shoaib shah

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
My 1520 is safe. While the wifey was busy at Home Goods, I slithered into the AT&T store knowing I had plenty of time. I found the Classic better than the Passport from an ergonomic point of view. The Passport has poor balance for my tastes. I will say the screen is razor sharp and offers excellent viewing on web pages. The virtual mouse worked great for navigating web pages and scrolling messages in the Hub but I couldn't see myself using this as an everyday phone. The Classic felt right at home but I'm spoiled with my 1520's 6" display.

Sent from my bitchin' Lumia 2520

Hmmm I'm torn between getting a Windows Phone phablet such as 1520 for large display vs Blackberry Passport for productivity

mathsisbest

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I've got a Lumia 1520 & 930. I'm thinking of getting a BlackBerry passport too. I like width and the keyboard. Never had a BlackBerry before, but I do want to experience BB10.

shoaib shah

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Go to a physical store and play with it. I couldn't stress that enough.

I'm trying to find one unfortunately here in UK there are certain stores who have completely dropped their support for Blackberry phones or they dont think it's worthy of displaying them in the midst of the hoarde of Androids and Apple phones we have. Good luck to me in finding one lol 😁

aaron j

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm I'm torn between getting a Windows Phone phablet such as 1520 for large display vs Blackberry Passport for productivity

I've had both and bb10 is a very nice system, no doubt at all! However imo wp8.1 is better in every way except 2:

1) bb hub (MS, clone this please!! Fantastic and trounces notification centre)

2) access to android apps, a nice thing but I always found they never quite were 100% refined on a bb. Although I think that about android apps in general.

Biggest thing for me is wp is simpler and comes on better hard ware (currently on a 1520 and its brilliant in every way!)

My2c

shoaib shah

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I do like BB10 but I don't think I'd like the new released models. I can't use tiny keyboards with my acrylic nails. Wish they'd release another full touch with better specs and more PPI than the Z30.

The Z10 was my favorite of all time. I want a device similar to it but with improved battery and better hardware.

Am I gonna actually see that device made? Who knows.
Sent from my Lumia. ?\_(ツ)_/?

At Mobile World Congress next week Blackberry is supposed to show some information like a roadmap on new devices this year. You might be lucky to see a successor to the z10 later this year. Good luck 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss