Sad day: BlackBerry only sold 1.6 million phones last quarter

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
BlackBerry doesn't have apps being pulled. I know you're a fan and you've been known to let your feelings get the best of you, but you really need a reality check. We all have a vested interest in seeing Windows succeed but keep it real.
Blackberry also doesn't have apps in the first place lmao. At least not a substantial amount. Nobody is really making apps for blackberry to be able TO PULL. Most of their apps are android which is precisely why many windows fans don't want android apps on windows 10.

I am being realistic lol. I made a slight joke which was accurately true. I am surprised they sold that much and as I said windows phone market share is growing and lumias at least are selling, blackberry are not. That would be like windows phone 7 or windows mobile still outselling windows phone 8.1.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Blackberry also doesn't have apps in the first place lmao. At least not a substantial amount. Nobody is really making apps for blackberry to be able TO PULL. Most of their apps are android which is precisely why many windows fans don't want android apps on windows 10.

I am being realistic lol. I made a slight joke which was accurately true. I am surprised they sold that much and as I said windows phone market share is growing and lumias at least are selling, blackberry are not. That would be like windows phone 7 or windows mobile still outselling windows phone 8.1.

Which Lumias are selling? Certainly not the 1520 since they've been mothballed. Look at the ASP for BlackBerry and WP and tell me we're talking apples and apples. As for apps, it's a myth that Android apps run poorly on BlackBerry. The new runtime on 10.3 has made that a moot point.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Which Lumias are selling? Certainly not the 1520 since they've been mothballed. Look at the ASP for BlackBerry and WP and tell me we're talking apples and apples. As for apps, it's a myth that Android apps run poorly on BlackBerry. The new runtime on 10.3 has made that a moot point.

You mean the two year old 1520? It's only being "mothballed" on AT&T. The phones that are selling are obviously the low/mid range models.
I've seen firsthand that Android apps perform poorly on BlackBerry with a Z10.

BlackBerry is dead, let it go. Even employees admit it as there has been a mass exodus over the last year.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You mean the two year old 1520? It's only being "mothballed" on AT&T. The phones that are selling are obviously the low/mid range models.

BlackBerry is dead, let it go. Even employees admit it as there has been a mass exodus over the last year.

If you would have read the article right here on WC you would've noticed that the 1520 is kaput with MS too. Did you have your Z10 running on 10.3? If not then you didn't read my post completely. Worry about your own situation and I'll take care of mine. If you're volunteering to pay my bills I'll gladly let my Passport go.

spideymaniac

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I use Z10 and it's an awesome device, love the Hub!

It really is sad to see BlackBerry to struggle and has really low market share

But i think it's time to accept that BlackBerry won't be a big player like it used to, i think BlackBerry really should just focused to enterprise market, not consumer, and transform to software and services, let's say going back to its roots

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

On the contrary, I've been impressed with Android performance on the Z10 I test drove some time ago. :)
FNAF 2 ran well, Google Maps (while not entirely working) performed well, OneNote ran adequately...

Great UX, great design, I wouldn't mind switching TBH. Think I'll snag a Q10...
Kind of wish Windows Phone took some notes.

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
On the contrary, I've been impressed with Android performance on the Z10 I test drove some time ago. :)
FNAF 2 ran well, Google Maps (while not entirely working) performed well, OneNote ran adequately...

Great UX, great design, I wouldn't mind switching TBH. Think I'll snag a Q10...
Kind of wish Windows Phone took some notes.

Xandros9, my Q10 is free for the taking if you care to, you'll get to experience double typing first hand.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Xandros9, my Q10 is free for the taking if you care to, you'll get to experience double typing first hand.

I don't know if the double typing issue has been taken care of with 10.3, I do know that my Passport has yet to manifest it. The only real complaint I had with that device (Q10) was the crappy camera.

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if the double typing issue has been taken care of with 10.3, I do know that my Passport has yet to manifest it. The only real complaint I had with that device (Q10) was the crappy camera.

The double typing issue on the Q10 is (supposedly) due to the metal discs in the membrane under the keys moving out of place, no software mods can fix this, but if you have the skills and tools, you can temporarily fix it.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The double typing issue on the Q10 is (supposedly) due to the metal discs in the membrane under the keys moving out of place, no software mods can fix this, but if you have the skills and tools, you can temporarily fix it.

Must be a BlackBerry standard piece of hardware because I remember my Bold 9900 double-typing occasionally. So far so good with this beast. Maybe the hardware is different because of the pseudo trackpad capability.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon