Countdown to Windows 10 Mobile

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't remember paying to become a developer or unlock my phone to load apps. Iirc its free to sign up. The cost is publishing and selling apps.

Developer Unlock is designed for Devs to load their Apps on devices for testing. As such it bypasses the store check. If you try and install a Lumia branded App from SD card onto the BLU, the store check causes it to fail due to "not available for this model" error. Developer Unlock is a workaround.

When I got my Dev account it cost me $20. I've never written an App in my life.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Received a response from Blu they don't want to give any time frame or estimates in case the developers run into bugs or issues. Sounds like they are planning on releasing W10 for the Blu Win HD LTE. Woot!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
BLU has a good update record with Windows Phone. They seem to beat the majority of Lumia phones every cycle since they entered the platform.

EricGagne

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
That makes me feel better then. Last phone I had they dropped support fast.

You can buy this phone directly from Microsoft stores in USA and Canada. I bought mine last week from Microsoft Store Canada and the description states that "Win HD LTE will be upgradeable to Windows 10 when available.". I doubt very much that Microsoft would say that on their stores if they were not sure about it.

Last edited:

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
In my opinion, Androids fragmentation has gotten out of control which is why I think I've gravitated back to the windows phone. Plus everything I do works on Windows phone great.

Testeur 1970

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
According to the french operator Bouygues T?l?com, Microsoft should start next week to push windows phone 10 on few devices :

Lumia 635
Lumia 640
Lumia 640XL
Lumia 730
Lumia 735
Lumia 830
Lumia 930
Lumia 1520
Lumia 532/535/540/636/638

A new App is now present on the store which should help to upgrade from win8.1 to win10 ! But impossible to deploy it now !
microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/upgrade-advisor-beta/9nblgggzpfg1

French link : cnetfrance.fr/news/windows-10-mobile-deploye-la-semaine-prochaine-selon-bouygues-telecom-39831196.htm

tonyshixd13

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Maybe instead of poking around other platforms and porting apps, Microsoft can at least push their freaking updates to the people that actually cares... Android and iPhone users are not gonna care about Cortana, or all that wordflow keyboard nonsense. On the other hand Windows phone users have been wait for this update since November. Just stop recruiting people from other platforms and mind your own user base. Another reason that people are not switching is because you don't update your devices. Why work against your own efforts... Sometimes I wonder how someone can be so blind. I swear I'm starting to see an old Nokia inside Microsoft. If you understand what I mean. 😒

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...iPhone users are not gonna care about ... all that wordflow keyboard nonsense...

I've not used iOS since v6, but I remember and by all reports, iOS keyboard experience is pretty abysmal. I think they will care about WordFlow.

I used to be spoiled by Nexus and know I was getting the latest updates first. But aside from that exception to the rule, I realize that they come when they come.
I too remain optimistic. I think we are getting a better baked product and I hope the lessons of 950/XL have been added to the RTM.

tonyshixd13

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
I've not used iOS since v6, but I remember and by all reports, iOS keyboard experience is pretty abysmal. I think they will care about WordFlow.

Just saying, if I'm an iPhone user, and I really care about swiping keyboard. I'll prefer swiftkeys over any other alternatives since it was the first of its kind

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Supposedly, 10586.29 was the RTM. BLU should have had that in hand early December. However, if we take field experience into consideration with 950/XL and 550...

Possibly they were waiting for 10586.71 which brings many stability fixes. Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview build 10586.71 now available to Slow Ring members | Windows Central

Or maybe even 10586.105 which looks to be the last cumulative update before Insiders help test Redstone. Windows 10 cumulative update 10586.105 likely coming next week for PC, now testing for mobile | Windows Central

Yeah. March is looking more likely.

anon9699264

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
see Dahliska post on Blu Win HD yesterday ...... apparently receiving the latest winmob 10 update from insiders, anyone found similar for Blu Win HD LTE ?

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, we have to wait until they push something out to production. I've tried going to insider slow, insider fast, etc. and nothing. Even production has no updates. We just have to wait patiently...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire