Release Preview Shows an update won't download

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
So I switched to Windows Insider Release Preview, and it finds an update. However, it doesn't download. Is anyone else seeing this on their Blu Win HD LTE?

EDIT: The update keeps becoming corrupt. I used the update advisor and I'm trying again =D. I hope it works =D. Its a pretty sizable update. If someone gets it installed let me know.

Last edited:

WinMav

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi
Tried installing thrice after cleaning up using the update advisor. Still no installation. It's throwing up 'unable to open' error. I guess this was a false alarm..
Anyone who has been able to install please let know..

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
My guess is that its not truly available for the Blu Win HD LTE; maybe it has a check where it checks the devices' model. =/ Curious to know if anyone gets it installed.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There is a check built into Insider. If your device does not have a recovery image that WDRT can access... No soup for you!

Bizarro_Prime

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I installed 107 on day of release on my 930.
I woke up this morning to find that an update had installed automatically overnight. Is this the mysterious update?

anon9699264

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi
Tried installing thrice after cleaning up using the update advisor. Still no installation. It's throwing up 'unable to open' error. I guess this was a false alarm..
Anyone who has been able to install please let know..

Me too, another unknown error code (882c2?) and another example of naff coding by Msoft!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
... the update was about 1-1.5GB in size... I doubt it was a "configuration" update. Good comment though.

The one I received was a configuration update....but that was on a Lumia. I guess for your specific Blu WinHD LTE it could be either a firmware update or the actual bundled WM10 update.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
The one I received was a configuration update....but that was on a Lumia. I guess for your specific Blu WinHD LTE it could be either a firmware update or the actual bundled WM10 update.
I had a mystery uupdate today as well, and after some excitement, it was the 'release preview' configuration on my 930.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
... the update was about 1-1.5GB in size... I doubt it was a "configuration" update. Good comment though.

On January 8, 2016 the WDRT offered me new Firmware for my 1520.3... Just Firmware mind you, same OS number. That update was 1.62GB. I applied it. I am still on 8.1 Update official. 1.62GB and it did not deliver W10M to me. I believe it was prep for 10, but have no direct proof.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...8-1-after-installing-wp-10-a.html#post3370581

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I thought that was denim on 8.1

Amber, Black, Cyan, Denim... These are all Lumia Firmwares that other OEMs do not get. Non-Lumia OEMs would add their firmware to the OS before their OTA push. BLU would have added firmware to the 8.1 Update when they released the device and again when they pushed 8.1 Update 2.

Note that BLU's firmware is pretty minimal when compared to Lumia firmware. But the transition from 8.1 Update 2 to Windows 10 Mobile will likely require something a bit more extensive than the minor bump to Update 2 required.

pj1011

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
The Americas model is now in WDRT. X150Q, but not the Euro tuned radio X150E (?yet?)

This device is now recoverable with Windows Device Recovery Tool. Windows Device Recovery Tool updated to support more third-party phones | Windows Central Get the tool here: FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

Anyone with an X150Q now trying Insider??? Let us know.

I have created a thread for discussion on insider builds post there....
and I am expecting you to share ua experience and I hope u will try the insider builds

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism