Best dpi percentage on w10m blu win lte?

JMX777

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I don't know how you feel it.... but at recommend dpi (150%) all it's so small compared whit 8.1.... Any useful combination whit text enlargement??? Pls share yours though!

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I had to make my text bigger...I'm at 175% and that seems about right.. I also haven't added more columns...that just seems tiny!

JMX777

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I had to make my text bigger...I'm at 175% and that seems about right.. I also haven't added more columns...that just seems tiny!

Yeah I leave 3 columns as well... But 175 seems smaller than 8.1... And bigger text made WhatsApp grandpa like!

lucasnobrebs

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The problem with the DPI is because after updating to W10M the OS is adapting to the Computer ID strings, and Blu have set the string of Root Device Category to "Computer" while it should be set on "Computer.Portable" as the Lumias are. We need to send feedback asking Microsoft and Blu to correct this bug, because Facebook (Beta), Messenger (Beta), Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar are being affected by this bug, and other apps may be too. The Facebook apps are almost broken on Blu Win HD LTE beacuse of this wrong configuration.

JMX777

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by lucasnobrebs
The problem with the DPI is because after updating to W10M the OS is adapting to the Computer ID strings, and Blu have set the string of Root Device Category to "Computer" while it should be set on "Computer.Portable" as the Lumias are. We need to send feedback asking Microsoft and Blu to correct this bug, because Facebook (Beta), Messenger (Beta), Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar are being affected by this bug, and other apps may be too. The Facebook apps are almost broken on Blu Win HD LTE beacuse of this wrong configuration.

All the office apps are affected too.... And this also cause 3rd party apps to show small text and icons (feedly)

Alexunder93

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
OK, is there an email address where i can send these issues in a detailed manner? I am willing to inform them just so they make it happen. :(

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
OK, is there an email address where i can send these issues in a detailed manner? I am willing to inform them just so they make it happen. :(

I've been tweeting at Dona & MSFTJen...but honestly...I don't think they believe it...or at least don't care. I've moved to the 950 after finding a buying partner in the latest BOGO deal. I say that only b/c after using the 950, I can say that the apps do have a different appearance & UI...so this is definitely an issue.

Alexunder93

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I can buy another phone too but this is a special windows phone for me because it supports 2600-TDD band 4G and it's cheap also.
I don't know if it will be hard to change that hardware info or whatever is causing this... I am worried because facebook official is coming and its bad on this phone since the UI problem.

Alexunder93

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Just got messenger update and now it looks like this...

Lucas, how can I enter in that feedback post ? Not sure how... tell me what to search.
SfFOcJw.png

Alexunder93

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Just sent them an email at service@bluproducts.com.

Let's hope for the best! :)

Good day,

I have the BLU WIN HD LTE 150E with the latest Windows 10 official build (.420).
There is an incosistency in the DPI Display settings. We believe there is a scallability problem because the Windows apps detects that our phone is a Tablet/PC (or use a firmware with that parameter).

I am looking forward to help with any Information or details that you may require.

Please check the following websites (windowscentral forums) where I and other people discussed and found a possible cause of this:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/blu-win-hd-lte/428620-facebook-beta.html
http://forums.windowscentral.com/blu-win-hd-lte/416668-best-dpi-percentage-w10m-blu-win-lte.html

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Just sent them an email at service@bluproducts.com.

Let's hope for the best! :)

Good day,

I have the BLU WIN HD LTE 150E with the latest Windows 10 official build (.420).
There is an incosistency in the DPI Display settings. We believe there is a scallability problem because the Windows apps detects that our phone is a Tablet/PC (or use a firmware with that parameter).

I am looking forward to help with any Information or details that you may require.

Please check the following websites (windowscentral forums) where I and other people discussed and found a possible cause of this:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/blu-win-hd-lte/428620-facebook-beta.html
http://forums.windowscentral.com/blu-win-hd-lte/416668-best-dpi-percentage-w10m-blu-win-lte.html

I'm confused why you keep calling this a 'dpi' issue? dpi is 'dots per inch' and is physically the number of 'dots per inch' that the screen is manufactured with. It has nothing to do with the issue of Blu setting in the phones settings/registry that this is a tablet class device, not a phone device and thus triggering universal apps to display the table interface and not the phone interface. dpi is a printer thing, ppi (pixels per inch) is the correct display spec.

PPI's (DPI's) mean nothing other than showing that the screen is a budget screen and not a flagship level display. (Which would be obvious by the price tag.)

JMX777

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I'm confused why you keep calling this a 'dpi' issue? dpi is 'dots per inch' and is physically the number of 'dots per inch' that the screen is manufactured with. It has nothing to do with the issue of Blu setting in the phones settings/registry that this is a tablet class device, not a phone device and thus triggering universal apps to display the table interface and not the phone interface. dpi is a printer thing, ppi (pixels per inch) is the correct display spec.

PPI's (DPI's) mean nothing other than showing that the screen is a budget screen and not a flagship level display. (Which would be obvious by the price tag.)

It's the same but different, it's really a dpi scale issue (as described before) but you are right in your explanation of the meaning of PPI.
In W10M the os manage the setting like the desktop (WP 8.1 don't) enlarging all the pixels (text, icons, etc) that's why

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon