NO UPDATE (Post AU)

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Man I just did 594 for my mom in law lol.... not sure I want to go through it again for 693.... pretty big version jump though so it's tempting!

gabriel92

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Well soon enough, creators update is coming and the release preview will switch over... then what?

There is no need to use insider in order to upgrade to w10m, .693 was released as cumulative update, the only thing needed to get w10m is to install upgrade advisor.

Codster314

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Creator's Update will come out in April. This will probably be our best chance at having our Update's Fixed.

That said, if we can't jump from W8.1 > W10M > Creator Update directly... and we have to update to AU then CU... then most likely we'll never been able to update to Creator's Update anyway.

It past releases we had to update to SP1, before we can update to SP2... so BLU may be stuck on the broken AU forever...

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I am not holding my breath, if updates don't work in April, I'll just throw it in the garbage.
I got lucky, mine shat itself when trying to do a factory reset, and I couldn't even use WDRT. Fortunately I bought it from the MS store and I bought the extended warranty, so they replaced it with a Lumia 650.

I will admit the Blu was a great WP8.1 device, but with W10M it was worthless. I didn't fully realize it till I had the 650 and I could experience W10M properly.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I will admit the Blu was a great WP8.1 device, but with W10M it was worthless. I didn't fully realize it till I had the 650 and I could experience W10M properly.

luckily my mom in law needs are so basic she doesn't know it! She's just giddy that she even has a smart phone!

xpsknight

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I got a response from BLU by email ... some hope?

Hello,
Thank you for contacting BLU Products. We are happy to help you!
Please be advised that our Software Engineers are aware of this issue and are working with Microsoft on an update to resolve the problem.

Should you have any additional questions please contact us at 1-877-602-8762 (Monday-Friday 9:30am-10:30pm EST).
Thank you for choosing BLU!
Best Regards,
Into Blu
BLU Products Social
Facebook | www.facebook.com/Blu.Products
Twitter | www.twitter.com/BLU_Products
YouTube | www.youtube.com/ BLUProductsGlobal

Instagram | @BLu_Products

unichips

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Build 14393.953 still requires a fallback to WP8.1 to install.

None of the noted OS-level deficiencies appear to have been addressed yet.

However, a recent (approximately last week) App Store update to the Outlook Mail app brought it back to full functional and visual parity with the same app running on other Windows 10 Mobile devices.

Chrischii

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
I am in the Insider Release Preview Ring and i got the 14393.1066 with my BLU Win HD LTE (X150E).
Now Microsoft is rolling out the Creators Update, but I does not get it yet in the release ring, hence, I wait a few more minutes or hours.

SirThoreth

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I am in the Insider Release Preview Ring and i got the 14393.1066 with my BLU Win HD LTE (X150E).
Now Microsoft is rolling out the Creators Update, but I does not get it yet in the release ring, hence, I wait a few more minutes or hours.

To install 14393.1066, did you have to use the Windows Device Recovery Tool?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro