Your carrier - Your plan - Your service

Qiyamata

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Phone - Nokia Lumia 521

Carrier - MetroPCS

Plan - $60 a month, includes 2.5GB mobile hotspot data

Service - I live near the Tampa area in Florida and the data speeds and call quality are awesome. Streams video instantly.

Nuno Alexandre1

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Phone - Nokia Lumia 520

Carrier - Vodafone Portugal

Plan/Service - Extreme or Extravaganza is the name, for free calls, text, and 512 mb internet, pay for month 7,99 Euros.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
200mb data
Unlimited us & Canada SMS, mms
15c/min voice before 6pm
Unlimited weekends/evening voice
Free voicemail, caller id

Prepay, no contract. Own the phone outright.
$30/mo telus in Ontario canada

Last edited:

Inhopeless

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 920
Tesco Mobile UK (MVNO running off O2 Telefonica UK)
5000 texts
750 UK min
1 GB H/H+/LTE
?3.50/mo for the phone
?11.50/mo for the plan

I get excellent service wherever. O2 has a good 2G fallback network as well. Most cities have LTE, and nearly everywhere has H or H+.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 620 (Black, factory unlocked)
Virgin Mobile UK (MVNO running on EE, but no 4G/LTE support on the network)
3000 texts
1GB data
?10/month pay as you go (gets me the above texts and data, which lasts a month).
Paid about ?200 for it from a catalogue.

Can't fault the signal and have had no issues with data or anything; haven't contacted customer service, due to lack of need.

Upgrading to 1320 (white) in October for a similar price.

scottymc1972

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 930 Black
Vodafone UK 4G (from Carphone Warehouse so its unlocked)
?31.50/month 24 month contract
4gig data
Unlimited text, Unlimited calls
Great connection/Speed
And best phone I've had in years

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Simple Plan: T-Mobile 4 lines

$80 for first two lines
$20 per line for unlimited data (truly unlimited)
$10 jump! On 3 lines (includes jumping to a device every 6 months as well as insurance)

Overall before taxes:
$190 plus device cost

JUMP!
2 iPhone 5s 32 gigs: $27 each
1 iPhone 5c 16 gig: $21

15% off the total bill via my employer discount ( I am grandfathered)

Total before taxes and the discount:
Around $264 per month

My plan also includes unlimited data and text in over 120 counties

I went to Vancouver Island in BC and I was getting 3g, 4g and LTE. Speeds were not very bad, and only 20 cents a minute.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Chile

Nokia Lumia 820 (originally from Claro Chile operator)

my old plan of that phone operator
300 minutes on net 200 minutes offnet 50 SMS on net
33 dollars per month

my new plan with another operator

Keep my phone and phone number

Operator Movistar Chile
650 minutes all numbers not matter where i dial, except international calls
unlimited SMS
3.5 GB of mobile Internet 4G LTE althought in my home is not coverage of LTE but the networks is available in some areas by now
47 US dollars per month

Last edited:

werner6769

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Wind Mobile Canada

Huawei Ascend W1

$35 / month unlimited local calling, text, data with call display, call waiting.

City coverage in good with a few dead spots. Not good if you're out of town a lot. A non issue for me at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

acerace113

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Carrier - Bell Canada
Phone - iPhone 5S
Plan - loyalty 80
Fab 10 nationwide (unlimited call, text to 10 Canadian numbers)
200 local minutes
Unlimited text, picture, video messaging in Canada
Unlimited nights and weekends (6 pm - 7 am)
Bell mobile TV (10 hours)
6 GB flex data
Price - $80/month
Network - HSPA+ (42 mbps), LTE coming soon/"future"

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I just changed my plan due to AT&T promotions, which save money.

I have: 2 lines, unlimited talk/text and 30 GB shared data for $130/month.

ianberg

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 710 and Lumia 520 on the Rogers Canada network. My Couple's plan is no longer offered on their website but I've had it since June 2012. It's a Talk and Text (no data) plan providing 400 shared evening/weekend minutes local; unlimited calling nationwide between these two phones; unlimited texting to and from Canadian phone numbers; call display; and voicemail. $20 postpaid per phone.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Tapatalk

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
So I did it, I canceled my contract with ATT. I'm technically still with ATT, just contract free, and 53 bucks cheaper after changing my plan around some. Never signing another two year again. Good phones are too cheap.

HeyCori,
I'm on AT&T as well for over 2 years my N920 contract is over and my monthly bill runs about $80 per month after a 20% discount, but I have Nation 450 with rollover, I now have 4000 rollover minute lol, and the only other thing I have is a 5GB DataPro plan which I need to tether my laptops when away from home and that plan does not allow texting, which I hardly ever do and if I do I use a app to do it with and I do not think I've sent 10 text messages since I've owned the phone either. And to make matters worse the DataPro plan does not rollover any unused GB into the next month.

How did you shave your plan when your contract was over. And the next phone I get I'm considering just buying a unlocked phone but do not know if I can really save money since I need the ability to tether a lot.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
HeyCori,
I'm on AT&T as well for over 2 years my N920 contract is over and my monthly bill runs about $80 per month after a 20% discount, but I have Nation 450 with rollover, I now have 4000 rollover minute lol, and the only other thing I have is a 5GB DataPro plan which I need to tether my laptops when away from home and that plan does not allow texting, which I hardly ever do and if I do I use a app to do it with and I do not think I've sent 10 text messages since I've owned the phone either. And to make matters worse the DataPro plan does not rollover any unused GB into the next month.

How did you shave your plan when your contract was over. And the next phone I get I'm considering just buying a unlocked phone but do not know if I can really save money since I need the ability to tether a lot.

When my AT&T contract was over I saved money by switching to Cricket. I'm on the $40 dollar plan. There's also a $5 credit for using auto pay, so my bill for one phone is $35. I only get 2.5GBs of data but my bill is much cheaper. What's great is that Cricket uses AT&T's network so coverage remains the same (though LTE is capped at 8Mbps). I did not have to unlock my AT&T branded 1520 (or my wife's 925) because it's the same network.

You can check out their plans here - https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phone-plans

For $60 ($55 with auto credit) you can get a 20GB plan. But you must hurry, that plan expires on the 9th of this month!

Ruben Aceves

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
MetroPCS here in Texas, we have 3 lines, unlimted talk/text/data and each line gets 2Gb at 4g (LTE?) speed then throttled down, all of this for $90 a month taxes and fees included.

This is a good plan for myself and our two daughters since the phones use Wi-Fi at home and don't touch their data usage. MetroPCS is a T-Mobile company and the coverage is excellent as is the price.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Signed up for Cricket's 2-line unlimited plan yesterday. It's $80 a month for "unlimited data" (22gigs before throttle). The deal is supposed to last for a limited time but maybe it'll just be a regular thing. There's a catch though. Your max speed is reduced from 8Mbps to just 3Mbps and video is capped at 480p.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb