Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By speedtouch
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    I don't think we're even remotely close to being at that point but AT&T seems to think otherwise.

Is AT&T's plan to end landline phone service crazy, or just crazy enough? | The Verge

Global Posts
    33,002 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    I don't think the wireline carriers will have any choice once more and more customers cancel service, thus canceling the revenue needed to maintain those wirelines.

I canceled my landline, as have about half of my family members here.

Not happening as long as there are businesses needing phone services through lines rather than wireless communication as their main source of placing and receiving calls. Sure, wireless is more convenient for small businesses, but for those with office space, landlines are not going anywhere, but they will become more costly.

Global Posts
    2,146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmdj316 View Post
    Not happening as long as there are businesses needing phone services through lines rather than wireless communication as their main source of placing and receiving calls. Sure, wireless is more convenient for small businesses, but for those with office space, landlines are not going anywhere, but they will become more costly.
    Very true. But also businesses now have the option for cheap IP-based telephony. They'll cut the landline and move to IP-based phone lines.
    Lumia 635
    Laura Knotek likes this.