Is getting the 8X from rogers a good idea?

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
basically I was on Bell with a Blackberry 9360, and 11 months into my contract i lost my phone. I was able to have someone else take over my contract, which was awesome because I hated Bell.

I'm seriously considering the blue HTC 8X (BB10 does look nice, but I'm unsure on if I can wait that long), and aside form Bell, only Rogers carries the 8X (I'm NOT considering Virgin).

I had been able to price out my plan so it'd would only be $10 more than my Bell plan, and I'll be taking advantage of promotions when they come out.

So what I'm wondering is: Would anyone currently on Rogers recommend them to new subscribers? Are you happy with their deals for early upgrades or when you lose your phone? thanks.

winphoneaddict

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey. I'm a very satisfied Rogers customer, and just recently got a new 8x. They are always very helpful, and have gone out their way more than once for me on a few different issues. They have some of the best early upgrade policies of any company, and I just find them great to deal with. (from my perspective). I have never had to have a phone replaced due to loss, so can't really comment on that particular issue.

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to be picking one up tomorrow (with a screen protector), so should anyone here present know of any reason that this couple should not be joined in holy matrimony, speak now or forever hold your peace

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I think I might just get a Blackberry 9790 from Koodo.

Koodo has a really awesome plan going on now, and it would be $20/mo cheaper than what I'd try to get form Rogers. and Because of the Tab system I can wait to see how then new OSs play out (and see if HTC fixes the scratching issues on the 8X), then easily switch when I want to or just renew when Koodo carries a decent Windows 8 Phone.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Rogers has the worst customer service in Canada - bar none. Impossible to get ahold of when it comes to account support, and resolution of account issues. It took me three months to get out from underneath them and I was off contract for a couple of months, so it wasn't like I had any obligation to them. Mind you, that was about eight years ago, so maybe they've done a 180 since then.

I'm not willing to find out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786