Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

139 Posts
    Long story, but I'll try to distill it. I ordered two SIMs from ST, a micro for the 920, and a normal mini for the DVP. They only sent me the mini-SIM. I couldn't wait for the micro-SIM, so I cut the mini-SIM down to fit in the 920 (it works fine). They finally got me the micro-SIM they forgot to ship.

I figured it would just be a matter of carefully positioning the micro-SIM in the mini-SIM slot in the DVP. Well, I have tried it about 15 times without any luck. I turn on the phone and get no bars of reception at first, and then get "Invalid SIM".

Oh, and I forgot to mention it's an ATT SIM going in the TMo DVP. It's my wife's first smartphone, so I'm not too concerned about 3G. I figured even if I couldn't get 3G, I should at least be able to get the phone to read the SIM.

One thing I noticed between the TMo and ST SIM is the ST one's chip surface is about 1-2mm wider, though they both have the 6-rectangles plus center spot layout.

Am I missing something?

139 Posts
    No one has any ideas?
    Mod Emeritus

5,607 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,632 Global Posts
    Have you called ST to make sure the SIM is activated?

182 Posts
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    I think you need to get the correct size sim for the DVP. I have a DVP myself and it takes a Standard Sim. You need the standard sim adaptor so you could put your micro sim card in it then slide that standard sim adaptor in the DVP it should work. I done it in mine and it work just fine. Otherwise you really should get the Standard sim card for the DVP not Mini.