Tmobile HTC8x on SimpleMobile

Jmydgtl

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a TMobile HTC 8x that I unlocked and switched to SimpleMobile. Everything works great, but the internet is running extremely slow. I downloaded the speedtest.net app and it shows that I get 0.24 Mbps download and 0.46 Mbps upload. This is still somewhat usable for basic browsing, but with this being a 4g phone I guess I expected something much faster...I think 5 to 12 Mbps or so. I am suspecting a couple things might be happening. Either the TMobile phone is not entirely compatible with the AT&T 4g service (I think this is what SimpleTalk is using) and can only get lower tiers of service on an AT&T network or I have a rogue app that consumes a ton of bandwidth without me realizing it and my service gets throttled and becomes slow like this. Since DataSense is not available on AT&T and I can't find an app that will measure my 4g usage I don't have a good way of checking if I have a rogue app. There is not a ton of information available on HTC 8x and TMobile to AT&T migration either. So I just wanted to ask if anyone here used a TMobile HTC 8x on SimpleTalk and have experienced the same issues. Also, in the absence of Data Sense what is a good way for me to measure my 4g usage? Thanks in advance for your help

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Simple mobile throttles users who aren't on the $60 plan down to 2G level speeds. Also like other services owned by Am?rica M?vil/Tracfone if you're caught streaming on these networks your service will be cut. That being said you're much better off going with either T-mobile monthly 4G or a value plan.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Simple mobile throttles users who aren't on the $60 plan down to 2G level speeds. Also like other services owned by Am?rica M?vil/Tracfone if you're caught streaming on these networks your service will be cut. That being said you're much better off going with either T-mobile monthly 4G or a value plan.

There's no $60 plan anymore, highest is now $50.

I have a TMobile HTC 8x that I unlocked and switched to SimpleMobile. Everything works great, but the internet is running extremely slow. I downloaded the speedtest.net app and it shows that I get 0.24 Mbps download and 0.46 Mbps upload. This is still somewhat usable for basic browsing, but with this being a 4g phone I guess I expected something much faster...I think 5 to 12 Mbps or so. I am suspecting a couple things might be happening. Either the TMobile phone is not entirely compatible with the AT&T 4g service (I think this is what SimpleTalk is using) and can only get lower tiers of service on an AT&T network or I have a rogue app that consumes a ton of bandwidth without me realizing it and my service gets throttled and becomes slow like this. Since DataSense is not available on AT&T and I can't find an app that will measure my 4g usage I don't have a good way of checking if I have a rogue app. There is not a ton of information available on HTC 8x and TMobile to AT&T migration either. So I just wanted to ask if anyone here used a TMobile HTC 8x on SimpleTalk and have experienced the same issues. Also, in the absence of Data Sense what is a good way for me to measure my 4g usage? Thanks in advance for your help

And Simple Mobile uses T-Mobile. What carrier were you on before?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo