getting returned--cannot unlock

i.am.mr.swift

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I have never found a phone to be so difficult to unlock even after having that law passed. All I wanted was to give windows phone 8 a try to see if it was worth keeping around. Obviously it's not because I can't even ask T-Mobile for an unlock since I'm on at&t. What a crock of BS

SahilShah

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: getting returned

That is incredibly stupid of you....This IN NO WAY describes why it is Windows Phone 8's fault, this reflects carrier problems. I'm not sure if you are trolling, or trying to look for a fight, or think that Windows Phone 8 is to blame...Wow. Just Wow...

Oakdale Dude

May 17, 2013
Visit site

That's a T-MO thing, not a Windows Phone 8 thing.

I'm sure you can go on Amazon and find plenty of unlocked devices that will work with AT&T.

You should know that carriers will always make it difficult to unlock a phone, law or no law. They make their $$ selling the service, not the phones themselves.

i.am.mr.swift

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site

1. I didn't even post that (I need to close the tabs on my laptop when I leave it). 2. People do that all the time, buy phones, unlock them, resell. But anyway, no. I did not post that.

SlantNGo

May 13, 2013
Visit site

You do have a point. I thought the point of carrier lock is to prevent a customer from leaving before the phone is paid off. Once the phone is paid off, it belongs to the customer, and he is free to go to whatever carrier he wishes. Well, we're paying full price for this phone--why is it locked? Why do we need to be a T-Mobile customer for 60 days and have spent at least $50 in refills? Is it possible that actually we're getting the phone at a discount, i.e. T-Mobile is actually subsidizing the price slightly?

Oakdale Dude

May 17, 2013
Visit site

I'm a regular T-Mo customer so it does not effect me, but you are absolutely correct in everything you write.

People need to start pushing T-MO on this and other details regarding their new "Un-Carrier" business plan and how it relates to locked & unlocked devices.

i.am.mr.swift

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site

T-Mobile made a whole thing about bringing other carriers phones to them. They are presenting a double standard because now they won't unlock their phones for other carriers to use them. So selfish of them. If I were to pay retail for something, I should be able to get a unlock code regardless if I'm a customer or not.

Oakdale Dude

May 17, 2013
Visit site

That's why I mentioned Amazon a few comments ago. If it's feasible to do so, I think it's easier to try to buy a device that is unlocked right out of the box then it is to buy from the carrier and try to get it unlocked through them.

After my last contract ended with T-MO and I started going month to month I bought unlocked devices, popped in the Sim and it was all good. No hassles at all

i.am.mr.swift

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I usually do unlocked devices. But then I got a new job that provided a contracted phone and I ported my T-Mobile number. I just dislike the S3 lol.

i.am.mr.swift

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Eh, probably won't, but it's okay. I knew it was a gamble when I bought it. Back to Walmart I go lol. There is a place in the mall near Walmart I could hit. Before hitting Walmart. If not, I'll just kick out the extra 100$ and get a 920

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3