BYOD Lumia 920 or 925 to Metro PCS?

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone brought their Lumia 920 or 925 to Metro PCS? My father in law is on Metro PCS in New York and I'm trying to convince him to try WP8. Lumia 521 is not an option (no FFC); neither is switching networks.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Not 100% sure but so long as you get the same SIM card that would go in the 521, the T Mobile 925 should work, and the 920 should work if you enable all the bands with some ROM flashing (wouldn't recommend his). I would reach out to Metro PCS about this, but I believe the 521 is just going to piggyback on the T-Mobile GSM network.

Steven Jaramillo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I work for MetroPCS here in LA we run off T-Mobile for the BYOD the 925 should have the right stuf to work. just purcahse a sim from your metropcs store T-Mobile devices shouldnt need to be unlocked they should just read the SIM right away and the 920 should work as well the LTE I believe uses the same information. you should be fine with either one you choose. personally for me i would like to use a 925 but they wont let me bring my own device for the employee plan :p

AdamBlue

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I got a Lumia 925 but can't get service with MetroPCS. Cellular network settings even has it as an option. I called support and they told me since they don't have the phone in the system, they can't "activate" it for me. Any suggestions? Seems to me it should 'just work'.

AdamBlue

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
For anyone curious, the 925 isn't registered on MetroPCS's network, so they can't tie the sim to the device. Even using sims, they are basing the structure off of their original network. They probably will have it available in the future, but I switch devices so often that I need something like T-Mobile. I wish I knew this before quitting Solavei to go to Metro for the unlimited data plan.

Last edited:

Primo13

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
TMobile Lumina 925 runs flawlessly on MetroPCS LTE. If you go to 3 different phone stores including Metro corporate and T-Mobile you will get 3 different answers but the correct answer is YES, it's easy, and NO you do NOT need to unlock your phone, that's nonsense. Make sure the phone is T-Mobile GSM 850/900/1800/1900 UMTS 850/1700/1900/2100, Clean IMEI, paid off and add a new Metro sims card...boot and done. Add a free developer version of 8.1 and take what is already a phenomenal phone into an entirely new category.... or play it safe....be like everyone else and stick with that $650 apple anchovy can and a service that charges you twice as much.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb