One Carrier To Rule Them All?

Status
Not open for further replies.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
so who is your carrier? Verizon is the only ones that provide coverage in your area?

Verizon and AT&T are the only carriers worth paying any money for in my area, and Verizon is leaps and bounds better than AT&T still so yeah, Verizon is the only good carrier in my area. Not only is the coverage way better but my plan is super cheap ($40 for unlimited everything) due to an old family plan I haven't changed.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
well then your statement is categorically wrong! There are SEVERAL MVNOs on ATT. Verizon as well, and yes they have cheaper plans than even your $40 plan...I pay $36 monthly and that includes all taxes and fees for unlimited.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Please tell me where I can find one of these MVNOs? I'm not too familiar with them as I've never felt the need to change my plan.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
because I buy my cards from online sellers...which is not hard to do. I also buy 6 months of service at a time. This is not top secret stuff, anyone can do it.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
because I buy my cards from online sellers...which is not hard to do. I also buy 6 months of service at a time. This is not top secret stuff, anyone can do it.

You should make that your forum signature, "I get unlimited everything for $36 a month, ask me how". :cool:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

I've done that too, and you can potentially save a lot. The issue I've had with buying a multiple month card from Straight Talk is that if you get throttled for some reason, it lasts until the end of the card's service. For example, if you have a 6 month card and get throttled in the 1st month, you're throttled for the remaining 5 months as well instead of resetting after the 1st month is over.

Even so, if berty6294 pays Verizon $40 all inclusive, it's certainly worth sticking with Verizon rather than potentially saving a few $$$$ with Straight Talk.

elyod

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Do any of the prepaid plans offer lte? The only ones that I've found are directly from att and are still pretty expensive.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've done that too, and you can potentially save a lot. The issue I've had with buying a multiple month card from Straight Talk is that if you get throttled for some reason, it lasts until the end of the card's service. For example, if you have a 6 month card and get throttled in the 1st month, you're throttled for the remaining 5 months as well instead of resetting after the 1st month is over.

Even so, if berty6294 pays Verizon $40 all inclusive, it's certainly worth sticking with Verizon rather than potentially saving a few $$$$ with Straight Talk.

I highly doubt that $40 is all inclusive...if it was everyone would be doing it.
as far as throttling goes...that is not true. If you are throttled for some reason (which no longer exists, even if it did before) you will be reset every 30 days.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
as far as throttling goes...that is not true. If you are throttled for some reason (which no longer exists, even if it did before) you will be reset every 30 days.

My experience with Straight Talk is with AT&T service, and they certainly do throttle for the entire duration of the card. Maybe it's different with Verizon service.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
what can you possibly be doing to get throttled in the first place? I've never been throttled and I use my data for everything reasonably possible.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I highly doubt that $40 is all inclusive...if it was everyone would be doing it.

At the time my grandparents had a plan/promotion where I could add a line to their unlimited talk and text for $9.99, then added the $29.99 for data and have rode it out ever since. I also have a few cousins who did the same. So while my grandparents have a typical family plan, my line costs only $40 a month. Sorry I'm not the best at understanding all the different plans, but I do know my line only costs $40/m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs